“Cockroaches are not a good sleeping companion.”
Review of Golden Manor Motel

Golden Manor Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hyde Park
Golden Manor Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hyde Park
Reviewed 21 April 2012

After being stereotyped as a party hard college kid who would only trash the room I was able to negotiate a single room with two beds for 75 bucks before taxes during the off peak season. While enjoying a cigarette in my new costly -- hole I witnessed a roach walking on the bar of soap in the bathroom . I grabbed a piece of garbage and scooped the demon insect towards the toilet. I grabbed my belongings and walked out. I told the lady that I would not pay 80 plus dollars to sleep with roaches and demanded a refund. She refused. I told her I was unhappy with her service and business practices but she still declined. I'm 80 bucks in the hole but roach free tonight where I lay my head. This is my honest review, no haste, resentment, anger or spite. Just an honest man looking out for others. Good luck.

• Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank guiseppe98

Reviewed 2 December 2011

-Our family stayed here for three days near Thanksgiving and occupied two rooms. The first nice impression we received was HOW CLEAN THE ROOMS ARE. Our family members examined the rooms carefully (as we are neat-freaks) and we found the rooms very clean.

-Over the years, our extended family members have stayed at this hotel and each have recommended it highly. So when we finally decided to visit, we decided to give the Golden Manor a try.

-Frankly, we were a little skeptical, as normally we stay at more expensive locals, but with no big chain close by, it was the only place that seemed conveniently located for us. It is right across the street from the FDR Presidential Library and Museum (and other National Historic sites), the "Walkway Over the Hudson" and close to many great restaurants as well.

-The hotel is set far enough from the highway to get a good nights sleep. The beds were nice and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and nicely laid out. Every afternoon when we returned we noticed that we all received new sheets and bedding as well as fresh towels and soap...and our rooms were always as clean as a whistle.

You will get the feeling that these rooms are dated from the 1970s, but they seem to be very well-maintained, nicely painted and wallpapered as well as well heated (or cooled). Our rooms did not have flat-screen TVs...but did have a 36-inch stereo TV with plenty of channels to watch. The one thing they did not have was a clock radio in each room.

On our visit, the simple breakfast consists of dry cereal, milk, orange juice, fresh coffee,or tea, a variety of donuts and glazed sticky buns. The mom and pop owners (Trudy) were very courteous and friendly. They gave us directions to a couple of nearby locals to explore and were very helpful.

Overall, we all enjoyed our stay here very much...and it was definitely worth the price of $55 a night, which was the best deal of the whole trip. Not being from this area, we were pleasantly surprised, as there are definitely enough great attractions to see. We will surely plan to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank fesmike
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed here to be close to some of the National Park sites. It's very conveniently located, across the street from the FDR home. On July 4th weekend, we paid $75 for our room, and it was the best deal of the trip. The motel is a big 'C' facing away from the road, with little side wings pointing toward it. Parking was pretty tight since they were so full. Sadly, the excellent neon sign has been recently replaced by a cheap and tacky plastic sign, which did sort of hurt the retro vibe.

I originally thought the owners were a bit crusty, but when I came back to fill the ice bucket, they were very friendly and had good tips on food in the area. Our room was next to the office, and was pretty large. It was worn, but clean. The furnishings were dated, but that was just part of the fun, as was our beautiful pink tile bathroom. We really enjoyed the pool, which was pretty large for this sort of place. Despite the brutal heat, we were almost alone using it. The bed was comfortable, and although it was not the quietest night we've ever spent (motel full, road traffic), we slept well. I might try one of the other old motels next time to satisfy my curiosity, but I would be very happy to end up here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank roadtripperMaryland
Reviewed 12 September 2011

It's clean,and the managers are courteous. They have a simple breakfast with coffee, buns and juice. They are far enough fro rte 9 that you won't have much highway noise.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank justthefaxmam
Reviewed 28 July 2011

It's been may be 3 years since I've stayed here. The owners DO maintain this property, which is quite large. . I've always had a decent room, dated in a cool way..kind of retro. Period ( 60's ) furnishings..in excellent condition.. room is in good shape. I had a slight mildew order as I see some have complained about, but not a problem for me. The room was large. I would absolutely stay here again. I like the price and there is a restaurant nearby .. a steakhouse/brewery minutes south.. I mean it is probably walking distance ..that was very good. there is a very attractive pool that was not operational when we were there, if this is important to you, check on it. the chairs surrounding the pool are kind of retro too.. pink,green,lavender. Most rooms face your parking spot, but some do not. If walking is an issue, ask about this as my room was facing the pool and there is, of course, no parking spot right there.

Room Tip: some rooms surround the very attractive pool.. but require more walking from car .know this..