“California Diner, Patchogue, NY”
Review of California Diner

California Diner
Ranked #39 of 141 Restaurants in Patchogue
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 September 2015

Ate here for a fast dinner because it's close to where I live. Pleasantly surprised. Huge selection of food. Great value. Soup, Sala, Entrée, Coffee & dessert for a very reasonable price. Can't finish all that's served by a competent wait staff.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Great place to stop for breakfast. Try to get Paula as a waitress lots of personality, a lot of fun. The food and the wait staff make this the place to stop.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Pulling up to this diner is very sketchy. A bunch of Italian mobsters are always gallivanting the parking lot so it is very intimidating. I waited till I could get the homies together so I didn't get scared off at the front gate. When we got to the front, we were told no outside food or drinks. We had walked all the way up there so we asked if we could leave our drinks at the front. Guy behind counter continually scoffs and says we should bring them to car. Some people don't have cars or they might have parked somewhere else to avoid having to loop around the highway! Anyway, as far as the food goes, I have no idea because the service and environment hostility made me feel too disgusted to eat.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

Good food and good specials, too. Friendly atmosphere and very clean. Great place to go for a family, friends, a small or even a large gathering.

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

Very disappointed. The service was very good. The food left a lot to be desired. My wife and I both had the roasted half a chicken. To say it tasted like cardboard would be to insult the cardboard. It was so over done would be putting it mildly. The baked potatoes where nicely cooked. I had red cabbage which was good. My wife had the green beans which she described as tasteless. I had the salad with blue cheese dressing that was vey watery. My wife had soup again unimpressed. Wouldn't go back or recommend.