US$127
US$109
Riverdale Inn(Jacksonville)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$155
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefull kitchenfront desksized fridgewaffleskitchen areabutler blvdmayo clinicsofa bedshort drivegreat place to stayextended stayroom was spotlessup to datethe general managershort staythe entire staff
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed 2 nights on the 4th floor in a 2 bedroom suite. Most impressive was Quinetta who was friendly and helpful! I called a couple of times for an early check in and she offered to contact me when a room was ready that matched what we had reserved. I always appreciate one who follows through with a commitment! She contacted us whole we were headed out for out stay. Because of a family gathering, our family opted to grab a hotel for a couple of days so our CA family could stay with my MIL. We always appreciate hotel footprint that allow for us to put the kids in a separate sleeping space from ourselves! Towneplace suites proves to be an excellent option for us! We were placed on the 4th floor with our small dog! We loved the location, away from the elevator and at the end of the hall. First impression, we liked it. The AC units were blasting at 60 degrees, which made the room too cold for most of us. On a quest to move the temps to something more comfy for us, that is when we began to notice that the attention to detail was not happening. Maintenance issues galore. I suspect that the housekeeping staff, who are in the rooms regularly, are not effectively communicating with the maintenance manager about the simple fixes to the state of ill repair. For example, in one bedroom, the "cover" for the AC unit was duct taped (and still never stayed on). A couple of the covers for the sconce style lights are missing; a few burnt out bulbs here and there. The shower curtain had mildew on the inside (look, I know that we are dealing with a hot and humid climate, so I know that it is difficult to stay ahead of mold and mildew; but it is possible). We did notice, that once the AC unit was not running all of the time to keep the room at 60 (we bumped it up to 72), the suite was very musty and had the odor of mildew. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was not powerful enough to manage all of the humidity from 4 showers! We left the suite for several hours, only to come back to the foul smell of dampness. Carpet is not a great idea in humid climates! Pros: Super high quality staff; comfy beds and plenty of pillows with various sizes and firmness to chose from. Simple aesthetics, large space and easy to keep tidy without being on top of each other. We loved the closet organizing systems and ample drawer space! Cons: it is simple- routine maintenance checks and encouraging staff to communicate with one another will do the trick, I am sure. I wish there had been 2 bathrooms, with one being in master room, but for the price point- we were happy to have what we had! I also wish that the mildew on shower curtain and tub caulking was tended to with vigor.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Perfectly clean and staff was great! Best hotel of all in that area, no doubt about it. My wife realized that one of the different type of pillows the prepared for us fit her better than even the $50 one she had just bought few month earlier. We asked the staff if they could help us find one for us, and they certainly did. The ladies at the front desk were amazing!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank djbusot
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We would like to thank Quinetta P. (Front Desk). We were coming back from Georgia when we decided to stop by Jacksonville on the way home to Lakeland. We booked a 1 bedroom suite thinking we can all fit in with 1king bed and a sofa bed. The room was too small for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. Quinetta was able to talk to her manager Kandace W. and they were able to upgrade us to a 2 bedroom suite...much better and so much room and we were able to extend our stay and had fun in Jacksonville! Thank you so very much Quinetta and Kandace for a wonderful accommodation. We will surely comeback at your hotel!

Room Tip: hotel is pet friendly we would not know it until we saw someone walking her dog. So this maybe a plus to other families traveling with pets
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Joy M
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Made the mistake of not checking the reviews first. My go to Marriott chain hotel was booked up and i saw this one pop up and figured why not give it a try. Checked in later in the evening (9pm) and at first glace the room looks pretty nice. Some wear on the desk and what not but no issues. The bed was comfortable and i got a good night sleep but when i woke up the issues started. First when i got on the shower i notice that all of the bottles were lotion or body wash, no shampoo or conditioner, no big deal ill press on. Out of the shower and getting prepared for my day i notice a roach crawing around on the bed ... FUN ... take care of that one and continue getting ready to leave when i find another on my shoes. For some reason I still stopped in the breakfast area to grab something quick only to find disarray so i decided to skip it and stop somewhere on the way. Im a Marriott Platinum member but this was my first stay ever with Towneplace and it will be my last. The coup de grace was when the tweaker on the road out flagged me down to ask me for dollar.

Room Tip: Not 207, Maybe pick a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Disappointing stay. When the reservation was made I requested a room on the top floor and extra towels. When we checked in we were placed on the second floor and told they were full and we couldn't be moved. We got to the room there were no extra towels,a light was burned out the kitchen sink was slow to drain and someone had smoked in the room. I went down to the desk and was told maintenance had left for the day so light bulb and no fix for the drain. I confirmed that the hotel was a nonsmoking property and told the desk someone had been smoking in the room, he said they would look into it. Upon checking out I told the same story to the three people behind the desk, they just said they would check it out, a little late for for us. Plus I got no apology from the person I assumed was the desk manager. We like TownPlace Suites but I would avoid this place.

Stayed: July 2017
Kandace W, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear thecca,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us . We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Jacksonville.

Carrie Fernandez