Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area
US$139
Homewood
US$114
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$84
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Riverdale Inn(Jacksonville)
US$155
US$149
US$112
HotelIndigo.com
All reviewsruby tuesdaysmayo clinicmanager's receptionboard meetingfront deskcomplimentary shuttle servicemayo visitsoccer teamcinnamon bunsfresh cookiesmedical centergreat free breakfastfix the problemsausage pattiessales manageryogurtthe ritz
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I need to start out by indicating that I booked this hotel through Hotwire and they are, at least, partially to blame for this poor rating.
I clearly booked this room for three people, but when we got to the hotel, they had a king bed for 3 guys. The clerk was cool and put us in a king plus a pull-out couch, but how could they really think 3 guys were going to sleep in one bed? The clerk said that the hotel was sold out and he could not get us two beds and a couch. Nonetheless, one of us ended-up sleeping on the floor.
The hotel is under construction and there was debris in the vestibule and front lobby. That's a simple fix, sweep the floor.
The pool was dirty with debris on the pool bottom. That's a simple fix, vacuum the pool.
The room and bathroom were definitely clean enough, though. The guy who got the bed said he had a good night's sleep. One out of three really is not a good percentage, though.
In the bathroom, they had the wrong size toilet seat on the toilet. See the photo, it's a round seat on an oval toilet. That's a simple fix, they're $15.00 at Wal-Mart.
The breakfast was good, but they kept running out of items. They ran out of biscuits, gravy and bananas. The guy working the breakfast was cool, but if customers did not ask for the items, they simply would not be there.
I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and it was a good value then, but not any longer. If they are going to "nickle and dime people" then lower the price by 30%.
The location for us was excellent and the Publix next door was very convenient!

Room Tip: Stay on the third (or higher) floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hello Jim F,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville SE- Medical Center Area, FL. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for your nice comment about breakfast.

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding pool, construction and the toilet. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 July 2017

This hotel in in a quiet area, the room was nice with decent lighting and comfortable beds and furniture and the breakfast was very good. The one issue was an air conditioner under the window that made noise when the compressor went on and off but I don't know if it was just our room or a problem throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for room with quiet AC
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express JACKSONVILLE SE- MED CTR AREA.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay especially the breakfast.
Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 9044217000 or gm@hiexjacksonville.com.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

We had an event at Jax Beach to attend on Saturday night and then wanted to go to Costco the next morning, so the location was perfect for us. Pretty much commercial area, but relatively quiet.
The room was large enough and very clean. The breakfast was what I expect at a Holiday Inn Express, though very crowded on Sunday AM.
No problems.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

My family and I visited this hotel May 27-29. Our over all experience was pretty good! The hotel is clean, conveniently located next to Publix(groceries and snacks), Ruby Tuesday(family dinner), Starbucks(coffee), and maybe a 10 minute drive to the beach. Check in was quick and check out was even quicker! My only complaint is this rude housekeeper who was always on break when we arrived at the hotel who parks her trailblazer by the dumpster to smoke! You could never ask her a question without her giving you attitude. Even saying hello was like you committed some cruel act against her! Example: I noticed a side entrance and wanted to know was that employee only entrance or if guest could enter. I ask and she says yes, can you read! Then I saw her another time and asked about a location to dispose our garbage and she snapped the dumpster is right there! The same dumpster she frequently parked her vehicle in front of for her smoke breaks!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KATRICE W
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express JACKSONVILLE SE- MED CTR AREA.
I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 9044217000 or gm@hiexjacksonville.com.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Our trip to Jacksonville was because of my moms health where she is being treated at the Mayo Clinic.. during these rough days, our stay at this Hotel was exceptional! Staff made us feel like home, with the staff being so caring, friendly, and polite (Frances at the counter and the sweet ladies who cleaned our room), we are definitely going to stay again at this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017
General M, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear mayncastellon,

Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to share your experiences. We here at the hotel pride ourselves on top notch customer service and are glad your stay was exceptional! I will pass on the the praise for Francis and hope to see you again when you return to the Jacksonville Area.

Sincerly,