All reviewsbuffet stylebed was comfortablehot breakfastgreat ratefridge and microwavewalmartflorida
Reviewed 9 August 2015

The hotel looks really nice on the outside. The inside also looked very nice, but that is where the good part ended. The service was absolutely horrible, from the worse breakfast buffet to having to ask for bath mats,towels, pillow, kleenex box was empty. We had to go to the desk to pick up our extra towels, a bath mat and our pillow. The pillow smelled so bad we didn't take it. We asked for suggestions on where to eat. They suggested only two places. I asked for more suggestions and the front desk man said he could try to google one for us. They have no maps or information to share. They do have an electronic board by the elevator but no one knew it was there. We asked for a morning wake up call and never got one. We were told it was our fault because we probably didn't turn our telephone on..what??? The phone was definitely working. I spoke to a manager but she really didn't have a clue. The bathtub had a ring around it, no safety bar. It was higher than the average tub b/c it had jets. I was told by the manager to hold onto the sink for safety...what??? There were many other issues but I will just end by saying if you choose this hotel you can't say you haven't been warned.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, nice view but noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynne R
Marble W, General Manager at Marble Waters Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Hello Lynne R,

My name is Robert, I am the General Manager. I have read your review and I would like to first and for most apologize for your inconvenience, you experienced on your last stay with us. I took the liberty to read your review to appropriate department managers. Our management team have reviewed areas of opportunity and are working diligently along side our employees to provide quality service the first time around. I welcome you to revisit our property again. On your next travel through Jacksonville, FL please stop by and ask for me.

Reviewed 8 August 2015

I stayed at Marble Walters for three days and I must say the experience was most enjoyable. The staff was friendly, considerate, and helpful in directing me around the city. They always had a smile, and went out of their way to make my stay pleasant. The hotel was clean, and the service was the best! I would recommend Marble Walters to everyone I know traveling to the Jacksonville area. MW is a quality hotel, and I look forward to staying there again. LC, Ft. Wayne, IN.

Room Tip: Lower floors have less AC noise.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

Hello Lynne R,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip through Jacksonville, Fl. Our hotel has many amenities I know you will enjoy, such as a free guest pass to L.A. Fitness across from the hotel. Try our new Relaxing Aqua Massage Machine conveniently located in our gift shop area. On your next visit to Marble Waters Hotel & Suites ask for me, my name is Robert.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

I was reluctant to make this reservation due to past reviews, but I was in the area and stopped in to see the place myself. Spoke with McCoy at the desk and walked the property. It is very pretty,decided to book 3 rooms and very happy I did. The hotel was clean the staff friendly. Check in was a breeze and I had trouble with first room and Gary and Bob and Charlene were there to help and all turned out well. We had a great stay for a great price. Welcome home my sailors Williams and Hill.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank JAMIE W
Marble W, General Manager at Marble Waters Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Hello JAMIE W,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are excited to hear your stay was an enjoyable stay. We work diligently with staff to make sure we accommodate all of our customers needs to meet their expectation. On your next visit through please ask for me, Robert. Either myself or a fellow staff member can show you our new exciting aqua massage machine located inside our luxurious hotel.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

Beautiful hotel w/ MUCH untapped potential. Many décor features didn’t work. (Outside water feature, lobby water feature, front doors, pool water feature).No towels in pool area, pool entry doors needed to be propped open to get in. Room nice, loved jetted tub. BIG complaint was breakfast, seem to keep only 1 or 2 of any particular thing out so you continually ask for what is needed.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Hello D2559,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I do apologize our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our complimentary breakfast range from a variety of hot and cold items which includes oatmeal, grits, eggs, turkey sausage, danishes, fruit, boiled eggs, coffee, orange juice and water. These items are readily available for our customers during the hours of 7:00 am - 11:00 am. Our pool hours are from dusk to dusk, doors are kept closed at all times for guest safety. Pool towels are available at front desk. On your next visit through Jacksonville please stop by and ask for me, My name is Robert

Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

Check-in was strange. The man asked my name many times and acted like he couldn't find my reservation. Finally he said, "Oh, Sexton," like I'd been saying something else. Then he took a call without excusing himself and spent several minutes helping them instead of putting them on hold to finish our check-in. He then brought up Expedia putting the kids on the reservation for free like I'd hit the jackpot or done something wrong. The manager (I presume) kept coming through the door behind the desk and watching for a few moments at a time. It was weird. I was just uncomfortable in ways I'm not sure I can explain. We were very uneasy about continuing our stay, but we only paid $70, so we gave it a shot.
The beds were hardly wider than twins, but the room appeared to be clean. Breakfast was another awkward experience of being told what we were going to eat and that anything else or any seconds would be extra. I'm not sure anyone could have eaten seconds. It was nasty, and I actually don't allow my children to say that about any food, but in this case, I don't know how else to describe it. I'm so glad it was just for one night.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank Sarah M

Hello Sarah S,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at check-in. Your comments and concerns have been brought to our staff as a training opportunity. We offer complimentary breakfast to our guest which is conveniently located inside The Brinkk Restaurant on site. Our breakfast bar is set up with Grits, Oatmeal, Fruit, Danishes, Boiled Eggs, Yogurt, Coffee, Orange Juice and Water, Our eggs and turkey sausages are cooked to order. We are excited you were able to participate in our year long anniversary celebration. On your next trip through Jacksonville please stop by and ask for me my name is Robert.