“Good place for Breakfast”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Get food delivered
Ranked #503 of 2,106 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Description: For more than 65 years, Denny's has been bringing people together over great food. It's the place where people can relax and be themselves while enjoying classic American comfort food and everyday value. Whether it's appetizers, breakfast, lunch or dinner, we pride ourselves in serving our guests the diner food they love including favorites like Moons Over My Hammy®, Sizzlin' Skillets, hand-dipped Milk Shakes, 100% Beef Burgers and the world-famous Build Your Own Grand Slam®. And now, you can bring the diner home by ordering diner classics or one our Family Packs. See you at Denny's.
Reviewed 10 April 2022

Service, food quality, and price was good. Would dine here again. Would recommend this location for breakfast

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (126)

Reviewed 27 April 2021

We stopped eating at Denny's as a matter of choice many years ago as no matter where were were -- which city, which state, which location -- the service was always painfully slow but the breakfast was always good and the price was always the lowest for what you got. well, price wise, no more a bargain. You get so very much more for the buck at Cracker Barrel. Better and more food, friendly attentive service, and 20 to 50% less in price for comparable combinations

The ONLY reason we visited this location was it was just down the road to our motel. Very easy access. Denny's is still open 24 hours and still serving in their dinning room. They are offering take-out and web site ordering. We entered around 8:30AM and were the 7th table in the dinning room. The kitchen had two cooks visible and the dinning room appeared to have 5 servers. One, a manager (?), was on her cell phone in a corner booth talking loudly to some one to a distraction! 3 of the other four were chatting among themselves and the fourth was hustling her table.

We were seated quickly enough ... as soon as the three stopped chatting and our young server was pleasant but not really friendly. Her table set was missing spoons. Hot tea without a tea pot of hot water and a cup of coffee arrived and our meal arrived in a reasonable time. At that point, I thought at least this Denny's was offering acceptable service. I was wrong. We were ignored a soon as our meals arrived at the table. I had to ask for my coffee to be refilled twice. As we finished our meal, the server did check on us and wife asked for another cup of hot water for her tea bag and I showed the young server my empty coffee cup. At that point, you would have thought she got the hint. Nope, took her another 5 minutes. The only server hustling was still doing so. Wish we had her so this would have been a more positive review -- except for the price. We will drive the extra miles to Cracker Barrel in the future and avoid all Denny's going forward. Historically, nothing has really changed in the nearly 50 years we have giving them multiple chances. With most of their "Grand Slams" passing the $12 mark, and their service still lacks the friendly efficiency we expect, there are simply better places for breakfast.

IMO, Denny's is a prime example of total management failure from the top down. If you love Denny's, congratulations!

They never seem to learn that if you greet and treat the first customer ever to your location like the regulars you have come to know and like, you will always have a dinning room full of customers ... new and regular. It is really a simple formula: friendly efficient ATTENTIVE service, good food, properly priced.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 14 March 2021

Stopped to get breakfast before taking daughter to airport. Wow that was a mistake. We walked in and several people walked by us and did not acknowledge that we were waiting to be seated. They were not busy at all maybe 3 to 4 tables full. The waitress that took us to be seated how to clean off a table. There were barely in tables cleans...there was trash and used napkins all over the floor. The floor literally looked like a trash can with old food and used napkins. Waited about ten mins no one came back to get our drink order. There were people at other tables passed out. And it smelled like trash. The more we looked around the more concerned we were to eat there so we left. As we were walking back to our vehicle we saw several people doing drugs in the parking lot. It was time to get the bell out of there.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 3 September 2020

I have been patronizing this Dennys for better part of 15yrs. I enter and they require that I wear a mask to eat. Meanwhile there are several tables some with 12 people no masks. A table with two eldery ladies who had finished eating and were having coffee no masks. Other patrons who had just been seated no masks. So explain this to me.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 11 July 2020

When I entered the manager asked me to sit on a chair by the door and wait to be seated. 20minutes later after watching people who came in after me be seated I approached the then host who told me "I don't see your name on the list"
Left. Don't bother, especially if you're hungry

Date of visit: July 2020