“Very Disapointed”

Kaika Teppanyaki Asian Fusion
Ranked #360 of 2,171 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I have to agree with a previous reviewer - terrible ramen. My seafood ramen had a weak soup, tasteless packaged noodles, a couple of fishy mussels, a couple of small flakes of some fish or other, half of an overcooked hard boiled egg and no shrimp whatsoever. The roti was a tiny soggy serving at $4 - not worth $1. The General Tso's chicken was dry and the little pieces were fried to a hard little chunk. The pan fried dumplings were better than the takee-outee place next door, but substandard for a restaurant. The sushi was the same as I could have gotten pre-packaged at Publix. Come to that, I should have picked up some frozen PF Chang and sushi at Publix and I would have had a better dinner and it would have cost me $50 less than this place. Having come from the New York metro area, maybe my expectations are too high. But the little take out place in the strip mall by my home in Staten Island would get a Michelin star if there were a side by side tasting with this place.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

It is supposed to be a Japanese Restaurant, so on it has to prepare a good ramen, but it was terribly disappointing. I asked for a Seafood Ramen which it was supposed to contain shrimp but in contrast it had two crispy shrimps on the side. The soup was made with egg noodles that tasted and looked crammed like instantaneous soups with a piece of fish, a clam, 3 pieces of Swiss chard. At the end I was heavily disappointed and I complained about the soup and their answer was that it was just the way they made it. I won't recommend this place for food different to Teppanyaki, which I think is the strength of the restaurant

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Don't go on a week night. We had a reservation and were seated late. They had only one hibachi Chef working so we passed the time by scarfing down appetizers. The waitress wasn't very vocal and oiver half the table didn't know she was taking orders for drinks and appetizers until she came back to take our main course orders. So our appetizers salads soups all came out jammed back to back. They didn't appear to have enough workers to keep up with everything. The Chef realized we were tired of waiting when he arrived and cut to cooking. He did some of the basic show but made the comment he could see we were hungry and ready to eat so he cut down on the show. The food was great, the music annoying, the waiting tolerable. Overall I give it a three star visit but only because I've been to other hibachi grills to compare the service to. Nothing bad about the place just wasn't pleased with all the waiting and lack of communication.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Sushi was done well, General Su’s chicken a little too sweet for personal preference, but good. Sufficient amount served for both entrees.
Slightly higher price than comparable Japanese cuisine locations in general area.
Wait Staff were very attentive and accommodating.
Eating experience was delightful.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Took our daughters out for dinner to celebrate our 18 yr olds Birthday and had the best time . Hawaiian rice , Shrimp tempura Roll, Dynamite Roll, eddamme etc etc Ice cold beer and excellent service and a surprise deep fried ice cream dessert for the Birthday Girl....and all one day before Hurrican Irma arrived. WELL DONE KAIKA!!