“Pasta Bar is the best”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

For a pasta dinner, this place is one of the best kept secrets north of the city. We love the pasta bar and have never been to the restaurant. Service is very relaxed but always good. Our favorites are caprese / czar / carbonara. The fresh made to order carbonara will send your pleasure sensors into a high level of activity. I never deviate from the carbonara but my wife does and all the pastas have been good. We have never had dessert. With bring your own wine, it is an incredible value. Great for a date/couple. If you have more than 3-4 - do not go to the pasta bar.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Compared with other fancy (or fancier) restaurants in the same are, this "tiny" pasta bar is non-pretentious and offers very good pasta in a reasonable price.

The place is really just a bar with a couple of stools overlooking the cooking area, and there are 3 or 4 small tables scatter around the walkway that each could seat 2 people maximum. There is usually a line waiting for takeout, as well as tables, during rush hours.

Staffs are extremely busy during meal time. On our visit, there were only 3 people working in the restaurant: one chef, one server also in charge of taking orders and prepping salads and sides and desserts, and another server taking care of all cleaning. The service was slow, but we never felt we were ignored. On top of it, the food is really good. Basically you choose your pasta and sauce, and the chef cooks it freshly for you. One dish we ordered is gorgonzola with gnocchi -- the potato dumplings were perfectly soaked in the creamy sauce when presented, and the sauce stroke a balance between buttery and tangy -- an excellent combination. We also ordered mini meatballs as the appetizer, which are very juicy and flavorful.

Overall, it was a good experience dining here. I will definitely come back next time I am in this area.

1  Thank Cellowu
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We had Grano a couple nights ago. My family (wife, 8 year old son and 5 year old daughter) really recommend this place. My wife's Italian from SW Philly so she is particular about good pasta.

We had takeout though. This Grano (there's a larger one literally down the street less than a mile away) is really just a pasta bar that seats about ten and a few other two top tables. It gets full quickly, and when it's full it's tight.

If you do get a seat, the place is open, bright, lively and positively enjoyable. It's BYOB with at the time I write this just a $3 corkage fee. On a rainy evening especially, this Grano would make a great date night.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went here for new year's eve!
I had a mushroom ravioli that was FANTASTIC.
My friend had the lasagna, which she loved.
We had bread, and literally wiped our plates so clean they looked unused. Everything was fantastic. Great place to celebrate.

I've been here many times before. The food is consistently delicious. The staff is friendly and helpful with menu selections. Wonderful neighborhood restaurant. In a neighborhood full of options, this one is top notch.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is where to go for the best tomato sauses'! A very small place, with very limited seating, the pasta here is excellent! It's not a large menu, and you have very limited personal space.....and yet it has become a fast favorite!