“Best hotel in Baltimore!!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best hotel in Baltimore!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Always a great stay at the Monaco here in Baltimore. The staff is always friendly and professional. We took advantage of there one suit deal, where we got a bottle of wine and chocolate truffles included in the deal. $199 is a great deal for a suit and jacuzzi tube. We had a great time and always great stay. We highly recommend the Monaco to anyone we know staying in the Baltimore area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Boone S:

I could not agree more but I guess I am kind of biased.
We really appreciate your loyalty and great feedback.
I hope you look me up next time you are at the hotel so I can say hi.

Joe Pagone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Korean first
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were in town for a Show and decided on Monaco for an overnight stay. We booked the Suite Deal and the Room couldn't have been nicer. We had a lovely corner room with great views, a separate sitting area with doors, and a bathroom that would rival most hotels. I slept through the night in a very comfortable bed. I heard no traffic noise from the 7th floor, no overhead or hallway disturbances. We had a light meal of burgers in the bar and I thought they were quite delicious. All staff we encountered were smiling, friendly, and courteous. The Hotel is beautiful and in a nice Downtown location. I'd like to stay again when in town for an event.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear CMF_11:

Thank you for staying with us and for trying our Suite Sweet Deal!
it is really a great deal for anyone but espcially a quick vacation.
Please know we appreciate the feddback and will share it with our entire team.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I've been wanting to stay at the Hotel Monaco ever since I first discovered it upon first moving here. My boyfriend surprised me with a night at the hotel as a holiday present, and the hotel was better than pictured.

We got in later than we intended, but were able to take advantage of the wine hour. They have several board games available for guests, and since all the couches were full, we sat on the floor and played Jenga! It's a great way to make guests feel welcome and relaxed. The fire place is a nice touch - you could really be anywhere and just enjoy yourself.

The hotel itself is beautiful - the beaux arts architecture, the marble staircases, the tiffany windows, the level of thought put into every detail - you can tell the owners really took pride in creating the hotel. We loved finding the backlit train window in our room, and though the room was a corner room with an odd shape, we actually really loved the room as well. The bathroom walls were covered in what felt like a leather texture, but harkened back to the history of the building and the railroads. As a history buff, it was pretty neat to stay someplace that had been a part of the Baltimore landscape for over a hundred years.

Another really nice touch that we appreciated were the high ceilings. The room feels spacious and wide.

We did have some hiccups with service - nothing major, but the front desk was more than receptive to our concerns and offered us a complimentary breakfast for the hiccups. I'm a member of the InTouch loyalty program, which meant we scored some gummy bears and soda from the mini-bars. Tip: if you haven't had the gummy bears, try them. We discovered them in New York and relish them with delight!

Overall, I would absolutely stay here again. Hopefully, we'll be able to make it a longer stay next time!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jg1876:

Everyone has there quirks, glad you enjoyed ours.
We truly appreciate the feedback and will use to perfect our operation.

Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed for a business trip and it was a very nice place to stay. The room was very clean and the service was great! The people at the hotel was very friendly and helpful! The internet was rather expensive: I had to print tickets for a venue. I was charge two different fee's for accessing email and printing tickets. I loved the historic building the hotel is in. Beautiful city!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear amyhass:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TA community.
It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay. Please know in the future anyone from our guest service team will be happy to print anything you need right form the front desk.
We hope to see you soon.

maryland
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I recently stayed overnight at Hotel Monaco as I was looking for the perfect location where I can have my family and friends to stay this spring for a Ladies Day Out in Baltimore. After much research, I decided to check out this Kimpton property, as it seemed to provide the elegance and style that I was looking for. Hotel Monaco provided this.. and much more! I will say I was a bit worried upon arrival, as the valet check-in was not very organized, and to my dismay I was informed the valet lot was full. Somehow the car that arrived after me got the last spot. The valet guy was very friendly and apologized for the inconvenience. He also provided me with a great alternative parking location that was secured and actually very reasonable for overnight parking, and allowed me to stay parked out front until I got checked in and was able to take my bags to my room so I wouldn't have to lug them from the new parking location. His attitude and level of service salvaged the disappointment I felt with not being able to get the valet parking. Check-in was fast and easy. The pictures on this hotel's website ARE ACCURATE, and really, you are more in awe when you actually see this place in person. Loved the historic architecture, the swanky decor, and sheer elegance of the place with high ceilings and marble. The room was clean, nice sized bathroom, yoga mat, bathrobes (nice touch but unfortunately the ones I had were not very comfortable, as they were not soft like other Kimpton bathrobes I've used, this pair definitely had seen one too many wash cycles and was scratchy/starchy, probably time do a refresh of the robes) free wifi for In Touch members, again, everything as advertised. My goal was to partake in every amenity they had to offer. The wine hour was very popular, and actually offered light snacks which I was not expecting. Keep in mind this is a pet-friendly hotel, so there were dogs at the happy hour in the lobby. Now I love pets, so this didn't bother me, but for those not to keen on dogs, just wanted to make this known. Most of the dogs were well-behaved, well, except one that stole a piece of our appetizer off the chair before we could stop him, but I found the whole situation very amusing. I advise getting to the wine hour early though if you want to partake fully in the snacks and beverage without a possible short wait period. It does provide a good opportunity to mix-n-mingle with other guests. The lobby is very cozy, really unlike any hotel lobby I've seen, as it has a nice fireplace, many couch or cushioned seating areas, a game table of chess, and light music playing in the background. The ambiance is very nice! Great spot for lounging late-night to enjoy convo with friends. Every staff member I came in contact with was very helpful and friendly. I was even escorted to view one of the double bunk rooms that I wanted to see, and this room was just as nice and again looked like the pictures. The bunk may accommodate 1 smaller frame/short adult, and of course would fit 2 kids (again, depending on how big/tall they are). The wifi worked effortlessly, and the rooms were QUIET. Now I am not sure how full the hotel was that weekend, but I didn't hear any noises from the hallway, making me feel as if I was in an isolated area, which was very relaxing. The shower was nice and powerful with great water pressure and nice HOT water. The next morning I enjoyed the hot coffee and tea bar (again in the lobby), which on this occasion also had hot chocolate with marshmallows and chocolate chips. A nice array of herbal teas were present. The fitness center smelled like everything was brand new, and even had a hula hoop in there for a different type of workout! The property also has bicycles you can use for free upon request, in addition to goldfish which you can get for your room if you don't want to be lonely! I even utilized the provided yoga mat and did one of the free On-Demand Yoga for Abs videos just for the heck of it! Overall, I don't see how you can go wrong with staying at this property. Location was great, I was able to drive to all the attractions I visited within 15min or less. I really enjoyed my stay, and it lived up to all the expectations that I hoped it would meet. Clean and spacious rooms, great staff, cool amenities, and overall charm and elegance! I am looking forward to my return stay for Ladies Day Out and I hope my second experience will be just as great as my first when I return with family/friends this Spring. I think I made the right decision by selecting this property for my future stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear hisinc:

Thank you for the five star review!
It was great to read you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.
Please know I will share your kind words with my entire team.
We hope you join us again soon.