“Good gym”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Downtown Athletic Club
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Merritt Downtown is a relatively expensive club to be a member of, but it's definitely got all the equipment, classes, and facilities you'd expect. From basketball/racquetball courts to weights/machines to various exercise classes. They hold a member's only Christmas party here every here as well.

1  Thank Tunaidi
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have been a member of this club for 13 years. There are facilities for swimming, basketball, racquetball, running, weight training, and spinning. There are physical therapists to administer treatments. There is a restaurant bar with an outdoor deck. The facility is open 24 hours.

Although I had used the weight training equipment for many years, for the last few years I have been taking classes for Les Mills Body Pump, an hour of weight-training with barbells and dumbells, 3 or so times a week. I have improved my strength through these organized classes. Additionally I often take CSWorks, a core class with tubes and weights, for 30 minutes twice a week. I also take yoga and abdominal exercise classes.

The instructors are helpful. I have made friends with others who exercise as much as I.

Some people wear chic outfits. Most of us just go there to work out.

1  Thank ColasBaltimore