“Excellent in all respects, very fresh shellfish”

Thames Street Oyster House
Ranked #3 of 2,238 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fells Point
Reviewed 21 May 2018

As I had to drive through Baltimore on recent travels, I decided that Baltimore seafood at or near their world-renowned harbour should be the focus. And wow – did I ever call the restaurant right. For starters the shellfish is on display at the bar, and although a smallish display, it looked - and was - delicious and fresh. There are all sorts of oyster choices, and I had a decent cross-section. I liked the Grand Pearls (VA) the best. I followed a nice shellfish selection with the chopped lobster salad, and it was also excellent. The ingredients were perfect and fresh - the salad included nice bacon pieces (not over cooked), sun dried tomatoes, cheese, homemade croutons, chopped lettuce and - of course - several lobster chunks. I sat at the bar since I was solo, and I had to wait about 20 minutes for a seat at the bar at 715pm. It was worth the wait. The restaurant is small and not flashy / fancy, which fits the food perfectly. The value is fair. I highly recommend Thames Street Oyster House if you are in the Baltimore area and are craving very fresh seafood – especially shellfish - in an informal setting.

3  Thank Tim H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,825)

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Very popular with good cause. One of our go-to spots when visitors come to town. Lobster Roll is killer... Kind of pricy, but a nice spot.

1  Thank R H
Reviewed 18 May 2018

I stumbled upon this place and saw Lobster Roll on the menu and tried it - it was Excellent! The roll was soft, tasty and perfect - the lobster was expertly cooked, lightly buttered and stuffed in the roll - plenty of lobster. I highly recommend this place and the lobster rolls. The fries were pretty good and they have a great root beer, too.

1  Thank SteelyDanMiami
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Filled our tummy’s with Lobster rolls, swordfish, char, soft shell crab, crab cakes, and yummy Rhubarb crisp for dessert. All were excellent!

Only downside is having to make reservations so far in advance. But worth the effort.

1  Thank 105M
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Food was delicious-somewhat limited menu and pricey.
We had reservation upstairs-they really pack you in-I wouldn't consider for romantic evening-we could touch the couple beside us.

2  Thank Deb L