“Good seafood. The price is okay”

Thames Street Oyster House
Ranked #4 of 2,427 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fells Point
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

The oyster prices differently everyday. I went there with my family today and they ranged between $1.5/oyster to $3/oyster (the price is In one of the pictures). The calamari appetizer is on point. I ordered the 12 oz angus steak($33) with lobster sauce (additional $13) on it. I don’t think the lobster sauce is really worth it but the steak itself tasted pretty good. I also ordered a swordfish (around $30) main course with lobster sauce that comes with it. In addition to that, I also ordered a pineapple cocktail. The check came out to be around $118 w/o tax.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank 301ling
Write a ReviewReviews (1,889)

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We've been to Thames Street Oyster House a couple times but I've not yet written a review. Maybe it's because I want to keep the delicious seafood all for us! I think that it's the best place to go to for a unique variety of fresh seafood. My husband always finds an oyster that he loves and I always have lobster and shrimp from the raw bar. There is always a nice selection of condiments that accompany the seafood and the quality is outstanding! We actually were there for the raw bar but stayed for dinner because of the pouring rain. We both agreed that it was the best place to get stuck at during a rain storm. The staff is lovely and the atmosphere is cozy. We were there maybe two hours. It didn't matter at all because we had such delicious food and so much fun. I had the shrimp salad without the roll, cucumber salad and slaw for dinner. My husband had a bowl of clam chowder. It was fresh and tasty and well-seasoned. We'll be back!

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Brandy S
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

After visiting here without our kids in February, ordering a big sample of the menu and loving every single item, we decided to return with the whole family for a day trip just so we could have the lobster roll and escargot again! An adorable place with a great, relaxed atmosphere and water view, excellent cooked and raw shellfish, delicious desserts and friendly staff! Can’t wait to get back there!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank B2607MCalic
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Make sure you have a reservation. Seafood salad is to die for. Very different. Great setting and outstanding service.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank andyab2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

When in Baltimore, make sure you try this place, I’m always back with my husband as the food is amazing, just make sure you make reservations in advance

Date of visit: April 2018