“Nice hotel and staff but pool is very cold” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Virginia
“Nice hotel and staff but pool is very cold”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

The staff were very pleasant, they upgraded us to a suite. The views were nice. My only complaint: the pool is very cold, which is a big disappointment if you want to swim or have kids who want to swim. If so, I recommend you look for a different hotel. I asked the lifeguard if anyone swims in the supposedly "heated" pool and he said no, hardly anyone does in the winter. This was the main reason I chose this inner harbor hotel over others so I was pretty disappointed. Otherwise, the hotel was nice and very clean.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYHOTELMGR, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that the staff was pleasant and that you found our hotel clean. I truly do apologize about the temperature of the pool and how that affected your stay with us. Based on your feedback, we have contacted our pool company to look into the matter. Our systems are set up to keep the pool water around 82 degrees and the spa at 102, but from your comment I can see something must have happened. Again, I am sorry that you encountered this problem and hopefully you will give us another try in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I enjoyed this hotel, it had friendly staff, a fun location, lots of neat little shops and restaurants nearby, and it was pretty easy access from the I-95 without being next to the freeway. The parking killed me though.- They did not tell me that they would bill me $24 a day for parking. OUCH!!!!

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor, but realized that it was really the bottom floor... due to neighboring shops...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Scranton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Our stay was for only one night... thankfully! (Jan. 17-18, 2012) First, the hotel pool is only open from 5PM-10PM on weekdays. Big downer for the kids! The room ammenities stated there were refrigerators & microwaves in the rooms....not our room! The bath towles were like sandpaper...no joke...you have to blot, not wipe! They were terriable, the worst I've ever experienced in a hotel and, lastly the hotel was very noisey at night, you could hear everyone around you in other rooms. I was awoken several times by other guests. We will not be returning to this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kristy M
CYHOTELMGR, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you encountered while staying with us. While criticism of the hotel is not easy to hear, without your valuable feedback we are unable to improve and I want to thank you for taking the time to comment. Not all of our rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, but they can be delivered to your room if available and I am sorry that option was not offered to you. I am going to share your comments with our laundry department about the towels and see how we can improve this service. I know that these comments do not change your experience, but I wanted you to know that we are going to act on them and improve for the future. Again, my apologies.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed one Friday night in January. Gave us a traditional room that had a balcony with nice city view- that was an unexpected pleasant surprise. Front desk was very pleasant. Bartender was happy to serve us drinks at 10:55 even though she was closing up at 11pm. Hotel was not crowded and they had no problem giving us a late check out. Breakfast buffet for 10.95 was reasonable for the food choices (including made to order eggs and waffles) and the service was great there too. Walking distance to restaurants and a nice spa.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a great compliment, with wonderful comments to our different departments. I will share your review with the staff in our daily meeting and thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. Our breakfast buffer is one of our great features with the made to order eggs, omelets, and waffles and we are glad you enjoyed it,. We hope to see you again soon.
Glenside, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here December 30th and 31st of 2011. Here are a few reasons why I give this property an excellent review:
1. The price for our Suite was much more affordable than the waterfront hotels' suites, and parking was significantly lower at $23/day (vs $40). The neighborhood was safe and had excellent italian restaurants and was an easy walk to the inner harbor. Communication with hotel staff prior to arrival was excellent. We were happy to get both early check-in and late check-out. 2. The breakfast buffet had an incredible selection and was a great value. The staff even went so far as to bring my coffee to my room as my hands were already full and provide us with a corkscrew as I left mine at home. Plus, they had a complementary sparkling cider toast on NYE, and fresh cookies in the afternoon! 3. The bartender knew the exact price of the drink I requested and I was happy that my drink was not over-priced as so many other hotel lobby bars can be. 4. The Hotel Manager exceeded my expectations as we could not find a restaurant that would accommodate our large party for dinner. He offered the use of a private dining area for us to enjoy our dinner.
I would like to personally thank the Hotel Staff for making our stay enjoyable and memorable!
I would recommend staying here to anyone looking for an afforable, convenient, and pleasant trip to the Baltimore Inner Harbor.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYHOTELMGR, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
I want to thank you for your comments and your visit. The staff and I are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to be part of your holidays. I have shared your comments with the entire staff so they can hear first hand from how thier service and friendliness directly related to your review. We hope you come again soon.