“A different experience in Fells Point”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Latin Palace Las Palmas
Ranked #1,326 of 2,195 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed 11 December 2015

We go for the Salsa dancing mainly and recommend it for some intense energetic fun. Drinks are so so but that's not the draw

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Went on 6/28, here goes:

1. Made reservations. Upon arrival was told that after 10 pm no reservations were honored. Yet their tables still had reserved signs on them. It took the female bartender to get us a table. Kudos for her...JUST her.
2. The DJ sucked...period. the bass was too high to the point that it threw my cardiac arrythmias out of sequence....are you testing a new sound weapon? Your music mixture was atrocious! I suggest the DJ go to DC's Cuba Libre club to get a feel of true music mixture. I mean, the force is strong in him, but he's NO JEDI. I thought Fridays was bachata night yet the music sequence favored bachata.....Balance DJ-san.....balance!!!!
3. The black female waitress needs to get a better outlook on life...no need to go through life bitter and I dont need your bitterness either. That's what I am going to the palace for..to get away from the bitterness of people. I suggest you try serving in Zambia for 2 weeks to see if your outlook changes any.
3. They stopped the music for a time so that wine and champagne be given away....I came to dance and drink. Not to see unknown individuals get prizes...thats what sunday night church bingo is for!
4. Finally...the goddamn Bathrooms! No toilet paper for both male and female...completely dirty and some of them non functional...for a brief second i actually thought I was in some "rancho" in the highlands of salvador or some third world country!
Look, I am not into trolling but I call it like I see it. Naturally one can say "so dont go there!"...but, that would be the easy wrong over the hard right which would be..IMPROVE your establishment!

3  Thank NomadKnight47
Reviewed 23 March 2014

It was my Birthday and I wanted to go Salsa dancing. I heard Latin Palace was the place to go on Saturdays but was hesitant after reading the bad reviews. I decided to chance it went, boy was I surprised. The music was great and people were dancing and enjoying themselves. Even got a bottle of wine from the owner!

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I would say deffently go to another club in fells point. The owner sits there and drinks shots of patron and becomes very unprofessional. He is very rude to customers and employees. He sells bottles of wine to customers but won't allow u to drink the wine you just purchased in the club. There's to many club in fells point to waste your time in this dump !!!

1  Thank liljenn
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I had such a bad customer service!

So my boyfriend visited the Latin Palace the Saturday night before Halloween in costume (dressed in a handmade Day of the Dead costume) and entered their costume contest. He won and was given a $50 gift certificate for dinner AND drinks and a bottle of wine. My boyfriend was totally thrilled. He did, however, notice that the $50 certificate was already expired, so he took it to the owner and pointed out the mistake. The owner, feeling generous I suppose, HAND ALTERED the coupon's date and told my boyfriend that when he came in to redeem the coupon, ask for the owner and he'd be set up with anything he wanted.

After a long and trying month and a half, my boyfriend and I were finally able to get to the Latin Palace and try them out for dinner for the first time. We were pretty much the only customers in the place, and we were seated on the second floor. My boyfriend said hi to the owner, and handed the waitress his coupon. After about a 5 minute wait, a different waitress came by and told that the owner would NOT honor the coupon because the date on it had been hand altered. My boyfriend was floored. "HE is the one who altered it!" said my boyfriend, shocked. (My boyfriend, by the way, is just about the most honest person alive so he was pretty taken aback by the implied accusation that he would have altered the coupon.) We got up to leave. We when down stairs and met the owner at the door. Just as we were about to walk out the door, the owner told us to stop, that he RECOGNIZED HIS OWN HANDWRITING ON THE COUPON, and that all was well. He'd honor the coupon. So back up stairs we went. We looked at the $5 Happy Hour drink special, and decided to get one drink each--a margarita for me and a mojito for him in addition to sodas. The drinks were weak as per usual for night clubs/dance clubs, but were very tasty. I ordered the Enchiladas de Pollo from the very limited menu, and my boyfriend ordered the steak and shrimp.

A few minutes after ordering, the waitress came back and said that the owner said that the coupon would not cover drinks (including sodas) despite the fact that the coupon said it would cover dinner and drinks. Oookay, fine. Annoying, but whatever, we were getting a free meal. Our meals showed up. My boyfriend enjoyed his fairly small portion of steak and shrimp. My enchiladas were so-so. Bland, no sauce, and a little cold. Also, again, small portioned and so incredibly inauthentic it was painful. I'd hoped to mention the dish to my father who appreciates mesquite cooking, but the meal was disappointing. Okay, whatever. It was free. So the waitress then brought us our check, which included the charges for our two drinks plus the two sodas. It was much higher than we had expected, so we asked the waitress about it. She told us that the owner would NOT be honoring the Happy Hour drink specials for us. So not only was the food disappointing, but we were "tolerated" during our whole stay and overcharged for our drinks. I'd hoped to come back at some point and make a great night of it with a group of friends one night, but I don't think I'll go back to this place again. Terrible first impression. Yeah, we did get "free" meals tonight, but I refuse to come back and spend money at a place that treats customers so poorly.

5  Thank sunlitcerulean