“Stuffed French Toast- Unique and Decadent”

Miss Shirley's Cafe
Ranked #24 of 2,227 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2016

I love french toast, and have never had it prepared like this before: thick eggy bread split and very generously filled with a sweetened cream-cheesy goo, almost like cream cheese frosting. Then sprinkled with sweetened coconut. Very sweet, very dense, very dessert-like and plenty for two people to share.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

I wanted to love this place. Service was good. We did not wait for a table. The menu is huge and somewhat overwhelming, especially for a restaurant that does not serve dinner.
My food was really bland. I ordered two eggs fried hard and explained I like them well done. The chef did not break the yolks so the egg whites were brown & the yolks were soft. There was no seasoning on the eggs at all. The potato onion hash browns were unbelievably bland & mushy. The biscuit looked interesting but bland too. My bacon was delicious but unevenly cooked.
My friend ordered the Baja Skillet & really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

I definitely recommend the monkey bread! Sweet enough without being too much. I also had the mini waffles with strawberry and it was absolutely delicious. Very friendly staff as well.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

This place is amazing! We enjoyed their special touch they put on each dish! They are amazing! Great place!! We will be back!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We ended up here at the recommendation of our Uber driver after we couldn't find out other choice for breakfast- and it was the best accident of the whole trip. The food was so good. And there was so much of it.

We had to try the funky monkey bread, which was to die for. That should have been desert, not breakfast!

I had the special- chicken cordon blue stuffed french toast. It was astonishingly tasty. The grits were unreal. I would go back just for those, if we're being real.

Everyone was really, really happy with their breakfast. It was expensive, but it was a good splurge!