“Double The Pleasure!”

Brendali's Italian Ristorante
Ranked #265 of 2,227 Restaurants in Baltimore
Reviewed 22 July 2017

7/15/17

Last night, our group of eight went to Brendali’s. The food at Brendali’s is always consistently good. Each of us ordered something different. The portions are large, so you always have something to take home for the next day. We all started off with either the Caesar salad or a house salad – perfect beginning. The dishes that were savored were the Fra Diavolo Flounder Special, Chicken Diego, Chicken Parmigiano, Fettuccini Alfredo with Shrimp, Veal Francese, Veal Piccata, and Fettuccini Bianco. For desserts, we shared two Tres Leches Cakes – simply divine. Thank you for a most enjoyable evening!

7/5/17

What a lovely and quiet evening we had at Brendali to celebrate my husband’s birthday. We were disappointed to learn that our favorite server, Mattie, is no longer there – she was a true gem. We were introduced to Lee, the new server, who was very welcoming and attentive. We all started with a Caesar salad – very crisp romaine; perfectly dressed. My husband and brother-in-law savored the Veal Saltimbocca - sautéed in white wine lemon sauce with sage, topped with prosciutto ham and mozzarella cheese served over a bed of spinach. My sister was thrilled with the Fettuccine Bianco - sautéed shrimp and tender bay scallops tossed in an exquisite old bay cream sauce served over a bed of fettuccine. I enjoyed the Chicken Cacciatore - sautéed chicken with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms with marinara sauce over fettuccine. The portions were very generous and all delicious. We finished the dinner with a slice of Tres Leches Cake (Milk Cake) – oh my, it was enormous and more than enough for the four of us to share- perfect ending to our perfect dinner at Brendali!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

My wife and I were very excited to try this place, given the reviews and how busy the place gets on the weekends. It is small and simple, but clean and very friendly. Brenda waited on us, and I think the place is named after her. The bread served was HOT and FRESH. I tried to resist, but could not, and I am glad I didn't hold out. We started with a Caesar salad and mozzarella/tomato salads. The Caesar was simple Romaine with a pretty good dressing (house made they say), but with croutons that were clearly from a bag. The Parmesan was grated, and I think shredded works much better on these salads. This could be vastly improved with house made croutons. The mozzarella was kind of plain and the tomatoes not fully ripe. I was getting worried! Then the main course came. Yummy! The wife had veal Marsala, and stated it was the best she had ever had, noting especially the great flavors of the sauce. The portion size was generous too. I got the eggplant Parmesan, which was nicely cooked, cheesy and with an excellent Marinara sauce (also noted to be house-made). Both meals came with a side of al-Dante pasta with the same sauce. We skipped dessert as we were stuffed from the main course. The place is BYOB, and we enjoyed a great 1997 Zin that would have set us back $300 at any regular restaurant. The bill was VERY reasonable. So, great main courses, but the starters need a bit of work. We will go back for the great neighborhood feel to the place, and the fast and friendly service.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Right up front - no atmosphere. Apart from that, great food at great prices with delightful service. Four of us went for the first time, a minor complaint about a little too much salt with the veal saltimbocca and an uninspiring caesar salad, but the bruschetta was a masterpiece and the entrees were all delicious. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

On the board outside of the restaurant was written "Don't judge a book by it's cover". Truer words have never been spoken. We met friends there on a Saturday night. I was a bit skeptical as it was BYOB. Walking into this corner restaurant was small and very unassuming to say the least. The staff barely spoke English so it was challenging at times however, they were patient and very kind. The food we ate was absolutely incredible. Pepperocini Pollo was FABULOUS! Again, I was skeptical because it had spinach on it and I don't like spinach! First time I've ever actually finished a serving of spinach. It was sooooo good! Everything was incredibly fresh. Bruchetta with crab meat was nothing short of spectacular. And the prices, lets just say I thought the prices on the menu were a joke! Incredibly reasonably! My Pepperocini Pollo was two large chicken breasts over a bed of risotto and covered with sautéed Spinach for $15. My husbands rather large portion of Eggplant Parm was only $10! Thank you Brendali's for the best Italian food I have ever eaten in my 56 year of life. We will be back with every friend and relative we can find!

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing! It's a little place on a corner a couple of blocks from where we live. We've passed it many times and the front looks like a typical carry out place. Inside, however, they have a few cute tables with checkered table cloths- just like tavernas in Italy. A small, hand-written sign of BYOB; no corkage fee is what made us decide to try it. The food was wonderful-As good as anything I've had in Little Italy, and. Enter than most. The owner was delightful. We ordered veal parmigiana and shrimp diavolo, both were excellent. We will be back on a regular basis.