“Great subs and cannolis and pasta carried out.”
Review of Trinacria Cafe

Trinacria Cafe
Ranked #346 of 2,079 Restaurants in Baltimore
Reviewed 5 November 2016

A family gathering wanted to eat in, so we ordered several subs, a shrimp pasta dish, and cannolis from this place. They were ready quickly, and were creditable examples of subs. Of particular note: a sausage sub made with their own sausages and sauce.
The staff was as friendly and helpful as could be, even offering to carry our order out to the car.
And they has a nearby grocery with everything Italian that your mamma might want!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

We visited the Walters and a passerby recommended this place. Little Italian place with good pizza, pasta and gelato.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

While visiting with family in Baltimore, I was taken to this restaurant on two occasions. The first at my families suggestion and the second time at my direct request!

The best pasta that I've eaten outside of Italy. Excellent wine pairings. Delicious! Gourmet at half the price!

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Trinacria is worth supporting. Their pasta, ravioli, lasagna and meatballs are all homemade. They have a nice assortment of beers with an Italian beer on tap. They have a full bar and reasonably priced wine.

I came here with my family Saturday night. My wife and I shared a very spicy and yummy shrimp far diavolo and a plate of raviolis in pesto sauce. I had an Italian beer and my wife had a glass of wine. My kids shared a spaghett in with meatballs.

Meals come with a small Caesar salad and pieces of well seasoned garlic bread while you're waiting for the entrees.

This cafe as others have written is a sit-down version of a very long standing Italian food store that also sells takeout sandwiches. Still this cafe has had bad luck. First not long after it opened Trinacria Cafe was smashed up by the riots. Trinacria quickly fixed everything up and reopened. Then earlier this year a giant sink hole occurred right in front of Trinacria Cafe on Centre Street. So they have had to deal with heavy noise and street closures.

Trinacria shut down early this summer, and I thought they might be closed for good. But they reopened with full renovations.

The only potential minor negative to be aware of is, if you get dinners, it's not really cheap. Our meal came to $70 with tip, which to some people might be a little prohibitive, especially for just a regular night out. You can cut the bill considerably though if by ordering items other than meals (such as sandwiches).

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I have loved these folk's Italian Deli and grocery store on Paca Street for years. There is something a little charming waiting in a line (fast-moving) while perusuing the grocery store – only to leave with a sandwich that is bigger and stuffed fuller than you can ever imagine.

So, when I was working on the West side, and the team suggested ordering delivery from their new cafe, I was elated. Price wise – it matches your corner carry out – but the food is delectable and can be brought straight to you. I am bummed that I haven’t had a chance to actually get into this shop…

I went with “personal” sized thin crust pizza. I love pizza, but seriously – can one person finish this? Crust wise, the pizza is a little thick and crunchy, not your floppy NY style thin crust. I ordered the Sweet and Salty – without the olives, of course. LOADS of caramelized onions, slices of tasty and fresh house made mozzarella. My favorite part was the roasted garlic and the chunks of crispy prosciutto. All this for less than $10.

This is a little bit of Baltimore Culture. Plus, with the damage during unrest of April, it’s nice to see them open and I love to support this city.