“Great authentic ”
Review of Cazbar

Cazbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cazbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,219 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Saratoga Street
Description: The Cazbar is Baltimore’s first and only Turkish Restaurant located at the heart of the Historic Charles Street District. We feature authentic Turkish cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. We are open daily for Lunch and Dinner. Join us on Friday or Saturday nights for our exotic Belly Dancing shows and our new lounge. In addition, we have two very unique and beautiful banquet rooms that can accommodate an intimate dinner for 2 or a gathering for 100. If you’re in the mood for something light, visit us at our Kebap House in Columbia, Maryland. For corporate, residential, or hotel catering, please contact me at chef@cazbarbaltimore.com I invite you to join us for a unique dining experience at the Cazbar. -Haluk Kantar Chef / Owner
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I had lunch here two days in a row due to the fact I was so impressed with the food and service.
Great food and good people.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This was our first time dining at Cazbar. We made reservations to be on the safe side. Probably not needed for early dining midweek, but it was getting full by the time we left at 730 in a fairly small place.

Our waitress was wonderful about explaining the menu, portions, etc., and also made excellent recommendations. We shared a selection of 3 cold mezes which was just the right size for the two of us. For a main course I had the meat dumplings and my husband had lamb three ways. All food was delicious, and we wish we could come more often to try everything on the menu! We shared a dessert sampler, again, delicious. We did not have drinks, but both the drink and wine selections looked good. Also an above average selection of non-alcoholic beverages.

The food, service, and atmosphere couldn't have been any better. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped by at Cazbar for an early dinner on a cold evening. We had not eaten there for a while, and we had a great experience. We started our meal with red lentil soups. It was very tasty. For our main dishes, we ordered lamb kebab and grilled shrimp. Both dishes were served with rice and a small green salad with cucumber and tomato. Both dishes were delicious. We ended our meal with Turkish coffee and baklava. If you are in the mood for Middle Eastern food, this place is perfect.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This was my second time at Cazbar and again lunch was wonderful. We shared an eggplant pizza and vegan dumplings with yogurt sauce. The gingerella tea was warm and inviting, my friend's Ice Tea was also very good (fresh brewed). Staff could not have been nicer and we enjoyed the lovely surroundings. I'm looking forward to going there for dinner soon. I just wish that the main courses on the "3 for lunch" deal were available separately -- we weren't hungry enough for a 3 course meal but would have liked some of the choices on that menu.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I had eaten here before in the daytime, it's much more festive at night. The lighting is just right -- enough that you can see your food and the menu, but low enough for a date night. I also liked the background music -- some of which sounded Turkish and some was French. When I came here for lunch, I got "Iman Baldi" appetizer -- eggplant stuffed with a mixture including tomatoes, currents and pine nuts. Our waiter said the Stuffed eggplant entree is similar, but comes with rice pilaf and salad. Great choice -- the eggplant was cooked perfectly, melting and with just the right spice. My husband said it was the best eggplant he'd had in a long time. (As a vegetarian, he eats a lot of eggplant.) I'm not usually a big fan of rice, but this was worth finishing, with almonds and just-right spice. The salad was small but satisfying. We shared a side order of vegetables. We shared an order of baklava, which had pistachios and was also Goldie-locks standard-- not too sticky and not too dry. The waiter suggested "Gingerella Tea" -- grated fresh ginger, lemons, mint and honey -- which was lovely and healthy.