“Awesome Food with an Even Better View”
Review of Woodberry Kitchen

Woodberry Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodberry Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 2,238 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Avenue
Transit: We are conveniently located at the Woodberry light rail stop. Just exit the light rail and walk up Clipper Park Road and find us on the right hand side.
Description: Woodberry Kitchen relies on longstanding relationships with the growers of the Chesapeake to provide the ingredients that nourish and delight our guests. At our table, you join us in supporting sustainable agriculture that respects the abundance and traditions of the region while helping to ensure its future. Housed in a renovated 1870s foundry nestled in historic Clipper Mill, Woodberry Kitchen offers a warm, rustic setting featuring an open kitchen and patio seating during the summer season. Owners Spike and Amy Gjerde are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service and fare, earning Woodberry Kitchen recognition by Bon Appetit, The New York Times, and Gourmet. Come join us, whether for a snack along with local wine or beer at the bar; an impromptu supper with friends; or a private celebratory feast in one of our dining rooms.
Reviewed 2 January 2018

With a recommendation of my co worker I took my girlfriend to Woodberry Kitchen for a birthday brunch. The food was great but the view and the outdoor seating (we went on a nice 65 degree sunny day) makes it 10x better. It is a beautiful spot especially for a date. Heads up, please make reservations ahead of time or else you will wait hours in line.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Dinner for 4, including 2 young children, was a fun and delicious experience. We had an early reservation, which was valuable with two children after seeing the crowd waiting at the door upon our departure. The service was friendly and never felt rushed, and the entire staff was incredibly sweet to my 4- and 10-year olds. Cocktails were fantastic, our dinner was amazing, and desserts are not to be missed. We made a meal from a series of the small plates instead of full entrees, which was a great way to sample the menu.

A couple helpful notes:
- there is complimentary valet parking, which is a short outdoor walk to the front door of the restaurant.
- the kid's menu may have been the best options I've seen - including a kid's steak, grilled chicken, and other finger friendly options.
- they have things to keep the kids occupied at the table between courses. Not extensive, but thoughtful.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

I hate to say this but this has been the worst experience at Woodberry Kitchen, so much so that I don’t know if I am going back. We were eight and they sat us in two tables that were of different heights, when we told the waiter it was an uncomfortable table, he brushed it off by saying “that’s the table for eight... what do you want to drink?” Well, we’ve been sat at more comfortable tables in the past at Woodberry. At the end of the our dinner, when the manager did a pass by, I told her about the table and she obviously didn’t care... which is so disappointing cause the waitstaff and management at Woodberry have always been very accommodating and caring. One of our party members kept on being hit every time a waiter would walk by and two of us had to decide with family member we were going to disturb since we couldn’t place our dishes in the middle because of the lopsided table.

Furthermore, we had to ask our waiter to light the candles at our table and to please bring us bread. We had to ask him three times for bread before we got any. All the tables around us had bread before us and we were sat first. When we asked again for some more bread, he never brought it despite saying he’d go and cut the bread himself...

In addition, our waiter cared more about talking to the rest of the waitstaff than taking care of us. We went without water for a good portion of our meal. Even having to ask him for more water carafes since he didn’t seem to care... something that Woodberry has always been good at. He only cared about our alcoholic beverages running low.

One of the people in our party had such an insipid dish and when we called the waiter over instead of listening to what was wrong with the dish so he could tell the chef, he hurriedly asked what the dish needed to be replaced with. The manager never bothered to stop by and see what was wrong with the dish (in the past, the manager has always come when a dish has been returned for whatever reason).

Overall, it was a frustrating experience because we love and enjoy this restaurant so much.

3  Thank 101FoodLover
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the food & we had a great time w/ him. Now the food was just superb!! From the crab dip app to the steak & lobster mains to the perfect ending butterscotch pudding-all was PERFECT.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I was the recipient of a very special 75th Birthday Celebration recently. Because the Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore MD is a favorite of my son and daughter-in-law, they attempted to arrange for a private party for 20 for my birthday. - really looking for a room or some space to be closed off. The party was to be held in December and the owner just could not have a section of the restaurant closed off during this busy month. However, she offered an alternative - The Artifact Coffee! This old mill/factory building which they converted to a coffee bar, with a large selection of coffees and teas and other beverages and light food that is sourced locally. The atmosphere is rustic, warm, charming and perfect for a family affair with children young and old. Not only was the entire place available - but Woodberry made a chef and staff available for the event! We were able to have drinks and appetizers in the "Bar" area which was spacious with 2 gorgeous large serving tables and separate bench seating where we had cocktails and the best hor d'oeuvres I have had in a very long time - fresh oysters, Carpaccio, crab melt, wonderful hams and cheeses, pickled veggies, fantastic deviled eggs, toasted homemade bread, etc., etc.!! And then came dinner! We dined in a connected room with the same ambiance - stone walls, dim lights, and a long table setting perfect for 20. The menu was picked for adults and children so that our 7 grandchildren in attendance would be accommodated - Kale Caesar Salad with an Oyster Dressing, Fried Chicken with fish honey and Benne seed, Roasted Meatballs with tomato sauce and ricotta, Braised Beef Short Ribs - my favorite, best I have ever had and I order them every chance I get, Roasted Potatoes and Braised Greens! There is little I an say in the way of enough praise. Each item was perfectly prepared, beautifully presented, and sooooo pleasing to the palate! The staff could not possibly be more pleasant and gracious. We also had a guest who was on a whole grain plant and seed regime - they were so happy to have something special to prepare just for him and he loved it! While I must say that being surprised by our children and grandchildren was the best gift of all - dining here was an awfully close second and definitely a place we will revisit often!