Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Hotel Revival(Baltimore)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmercy hospitalfront deskinner harborvalet parkingstreet parkinghome away from homeyogurtqueen bedpull out sofafree breakfastthe charm city circulatorbreakfast sandwichshuttle servicecharles streetthe breakfast areafree buspenn station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was here for a one night stay and for the 2 times I wanted to shower, my room did not have hot water. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone right up. After 20 minutes, no one showed up and I needed to get ready to go to work. That was cold shower #1. I spoke with the manager before I left for work and he said they would fix the problem. When I got back, I got an email from the manager assuring me the problem was fixed and it was a larger problem. I walked back into my room and checked to see if I had hot water. Low and behold it was there! Well, when I woke up the next morning, no hot water. Cold and I mean ICE cold!! There was no time to change rooms, call the front desk, or do anything. So, now I was forced to take cold shower #2. Completely unacceptable! Don't bother staying here. Find a nicer place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...PERIOD!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank jfiore3
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

jfiore3,

Thank you for taking the time to post a response regarding your recent stay with us. Unfortunately, we did experience a hot water issue this past Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. After we spoke Tuesday night, I personally sat with plumbers as they explained the issue to me, which after we had running hot water through the hotel, we thought the water was fixed. I was more reassured from your email a few hours later. After it was discovered the next morning that there was more of an issue, we brought our team back in as quickly as possible, and replaced mixing valves in all of the rooms that shared that hot water pipe. I do sincerely apologize that this incident occurred on your first visit with us. As stated, we stand by our 100% satisfaction guarantee, and did not charge you for your visit with us. If there is anything further please do not hesitate to call me personally

nick.speach@hilton.com

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We spent two nights at the Home2 Suites in November 2011. Hotel was very clean, and the staff were terrific. We booked a queen room with a sofa bed, based on TripAdvisor reviews.

The room was big, especially given the price (less than $100/night). Overall, it was a terrific place within walking distance of the Walters Art Museum and the restaurants on Charles Street. (Go to Cazbar.) Overnight garage parking is easy - just a few blocks away if you don't want to deal with the valet service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

leighbean,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review of the hotel! The Walters art museum is one of the many wonderful attractions of Downtown Baltimore, and one of my personal favorites. I hope upon your next visit to Baltimore you will think of us again.

Yours in Hospitality,
Nick.Speach@hilton.com

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This hotel was everything my husband and I could have asked for. We wanted to get away and find someplace new, our stay here was excellent. The service was beyond what I was expecting! Lakia, a front desk assistant, was so helpful! The morning of check out I dropped the key to our car in a stream of water and they washed away into a sewer and with her help we were able to get them out! No matter where we go, I'll stay out home2.
-Colleen

• Stayed: March 2012

CRKennedy,

Thank you for such kind words regarding your recent stay with us. It really makes us feel like we are doing the right thing when we are able to assist our guests and they remember us as you do. Lakia is a wonderful part of our team, and I'm sure she will be thrilled to see you mentioned her. Keep a look out as the Home2 Family is expanding rapidly! We look forward to seeing you again.

Nick.Speach@hilton.com

Reviewed 1 March 2012

What a great concept for a hotel. It's basically a small studio apartment, complete with full fridge, microwave and sink. Plates and glasses are provided. So you can, to an extent, cook meals here.
Pretty much everything is a 10-minute walk, or less, and the Charm City Circulator (free shuttle bus) stops basically right outside the hotel. I had a car for part of the time I stayed here and parked it overnight on the street. I had no problems and got spots less than a block from the front door. The neighborhood feels pretty safe and there are several restaurants and bars on Charles Avenue, right next to the hotel.
The room was excellent. I had a fantastic view of the city (my room faced north), the bed was very comfortable, the wired and wireless internet worked really well and it was very quiet, cozy and comfortable.
The hotel staff were nice and helpful, able to give directions and give advice and information on area attractions and restaurants. The casual lobby concept was very cool. There's a front desk area, but the common area is mostly couches and a few high tables, with a TV at the center. This is where breakfast is served. The breakfast was very good, and above the standards of most free hotel breakfasts. They changed the main dish each day but had toast, muffins and oatmeal as staples throughout my stay of three nights. Additionally, just like other Hilton properties with free breakfasts, there's a sort of condiment bar that includes dried fruit, brown sugar and other items, to compliment the oatmeal or cereal.
I had a great time in Baltimore and I think at least part of it was because of my decision to stay here. Being able to walk to everything made the logistics a lot more simple and having such a nice room to come back to made it a lot more relaxing. I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank colinaz
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband & I took our three children (9,12 & 15) for a weekend get away to Baltimore's Inner Harbor area over President's Day weekend. We had a great experience at the Home2 Suites. We arrived at about 1:30pm and our rooms were ready, so they allowed us to check in early. When I made the reservations online (directly through the hotel's website) I requested to have our two rooms either next to each other or across the hall from each other. They did not have two queen suites together available, so they upgraded us for free to one king suite with an adjoining queen suite. This worked out even better, since we were traveling with the children we put them in one suite, popped open the doors between the adjoining suites and there was plenty of space (and a little privacy) for all of us!

The suites themselves were a very nice size with decently sized kitchens including fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, plates, cups, utensils, etc. Everything was very clean. The hotel as a whole was clean, fresh and modern. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Complimentary continental breakfast in the morning was just enough and there was a decent selection both mornings.

The hotel offers a valet parking service of $25 per day. We opted to park the car and either walk everywhere or hop on the city's free bus, the Circulator, which picks up about a block away from the front door. The hotel is about 8 blocks/1 mile from the harbor area and it isn't a bad walk at all. We made the trek up and back several times with the kids in tow at various times of the day & night.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and will definitely consider staying here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank KandB2008
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

KandB2008,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your family's experience as you visited the Inner Harbor. I'm glad to hear you were able to be upgraded, and keep everyone together! I look forward to having you and your family return to The Home2 Suites for your next visit to the Inner Harbor.

nick.speach@hilton.com