All reviewsmercy hospitalfront deskinner harborfull size fridgevalet parkingcharles ststreet parkinghome away from homebreakfast baryogurtqueen bedfree breakfastpull out sofathe charm city circulatorbreakfast sandwichpenn stationshuttle service
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean comfortable hotel. Nice breakfast. LOVED the SHUTTLE of Johns Hopkins - made my stay exceptionally good. Lots of ambulances but it is in a hospital district. Could have a few more choices in the frozen dinner freezer. Great stay - THANKS. Would use again if necessary.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown is an example of how you screw up when designing and maintaining an extended stay hotel. I had a 5 night stay during a business trip recently, and will not be returning to the hotel. Let me explain:

Pros:
+ The staff at check in, and at the breakfast, are nice.

Cons:
- Dirty. Like I specifically went out to get plastic forks, spoons, and cups because I did not want to use their utensils. A glass that was sitting on the shelf that was supposed to be clean was covered in grime.
- The bed linens smelled like they had not been washed after the last guest. It was really gross because it did not smell like laundry detergent.
- Loud. The windows are not well sound proofed, and there are a number of bars in the area. You can hear them (and your neighbors walking in the hallway) at night.

This is not a property I would recommend, and despite a request to have property management contact me to discuss my experiences, no one ever reached out to me.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Alicia O, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Mr. Arroyo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I sincerely apologize for your experience and the fact that no one has been in contact with you. Our property has been going through a transition recently, and I have taken over as the new General Manager. I will be reviewing some of the concerns you have shared and will be discussing them with our team so that non of our future guests are impacted in a similar manner.

We are committed to getting it right and we do hope that you would give us another opportunity in the future to make it right with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally to discuss your future hospitality needs.

Best Regards,

Alicia Owens

Reviewed 12 June 2018

After traveling around the world this hotel was great from the maintenance, housekeeping,front desk,shuttle, breakfast no complaints just one lol it was awesome will come back to this hotel excellent

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2018

A block to Charles plaza, across the street from mercy hospital. Small park across the street. About a 1/2 mile to the harbor. Kitchenette in each room, free laundry, gym. Friendly staff. Safe location

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Why Hilton would put its name on this mediocre property is beyond me. The bathroom has water damage and the shower has parts falling off the wall. The rest of the room is only adequate. Breakfast? The "hot" meals are in prepackaged containers that you microwave to warm up.
This place is fine if the sign out front was "Motel 6," but for a Hilton property, no way. Hilton apparently wants a lower price point property and is willing to give up is high standards to do so.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ericV654VR
Alicia O, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Mr. Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for your poor experience. We do have opportunity to investigate and resolve those issues that have not received the necessary attention that has been needed, such as the water damage you encountered in your bathroom. We are committed to responding to these concerns and making it right, so that our future guests are not impacted in a similar manner. Please allow us this opportunity. We do hope that the next time your travels bring you back to Baltimore, you would choose us again.

Best Regards,