12 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
JW MarriottUS$429
Expedia.comUS$429
Hotels.comUS$429
PricelineUS$429
TravelocityUS$429
TripadvisorUS$429
All reviews power plant three muses the river atlantic building roof top bars front desk beautiful hotel valet service main building restaurants and bars a river view room hotel experience every staff member rooftop bar upon check the entire staff valet parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2022

Stayed here for five nights last week on points - and I have to say, this might very well be the BEST hotel experience I've ever had! First off - the property itself is just so cool. As the name suggests, Plant Riverside is an old power plant along the river. The property consists of three main buildings (the main Power Plant building, which features enormous displays of fossils, historic rock formations, and a full art gallery; the Three Muses building, which has a distinct romantic European feel; and the Atlantic, which houses the pool and event space and has a music/rock theme) plus a total of 14 F&B locations and an event venue.

We were extremely fortunate to be upgraded for our stay to a 2-level loft suite in the Three Muses building, which has floor-to-ceiling windows that overlooked the river (and gave amazing views of the ENORMOUS container ships that navigated their way up and down the river). But even more amazing than the suite (easily the nicest I've ever had in my years of travel) was the staff. Almost every single person we encountered went out of their way to be helpful and welcoming, from Curtis, who gave us a mini-property tour en route to our room (which was a bit of a distance from main check-in - take my advice and take the staff up on the assistance with bags), to Matthew the valet (who miraculously ALWAYS had treats on hand for our dog (did I mention the property is also pet-friendly?), to the pool attendant (whose name I unfortunately didn't get) who was there with ice-cold water before you ever asked for it.

We tried several of the dining options - there are rooftop bars at both Three Muses (Myrtle and Rose) and Power Plant (Electric Moon) that we checked out (we found service to be better at the latter), as well as the Compass pool bar/restaurant on the roof of the Atlantic building, which had a limited menu but great frozen drinks (a bonus on a day when temps hovered near 100). Tried the Tequila Company for lunch (tacos/Mexican street food) - which was probably my favorite food onsite. Also liked BBQ at the Smokehouse, and the significant other got a snack of pretzel bites at the Biergarten. Breakfast was at the Turbine restaurant - it wasn't our favorite but served its purpose. Didn't have a chance to dine at the Chophouse steak place, but we heard good reviews.

We also tried the spa, Poseidon, which is oddly tucked into the basement. It's definitely a limited spa (more of a get in, get your service and leave - no sauna/steam room), and it was kind of eerily empty in there, but it was fine.

And location, location, location - you're right there in the midst of the action - in fact, there are Cirque performances on Fri/Sat nights outside - which was right under our window, so we got a bird's eye view. And an easy walk down the riverfront to a number of restaurants (but do yourself a favor and go into town for amazing restaurants. Try Alligator Soul. Seriously. You can thank me later.)

I generally don't leave property reviews. But not only is this a unique property in and of itself, the staff is what really sets this one apart. They really go above and beyond - and in an era when staffing has been an issue, amazing staff really makes a difference. Stay here. You won't regret it.

Date of stay: June 2022
George Hartman, General Manager at JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2022

Thank you, panewsgal, for the wonderful review. We look forward to hosting you, again, in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2022

We had an excellent experience at the JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District for 3 nights in June for my birthday. I didn't realize before we got there what a great location it is for walking/exploring plus nighttime entertainment and restaurants and of course a lovely river view. The main lobby has fossils and gemstones in a sort of museum, and it has 3 total buildings with hotel rooms with different decor/vibe. There is a daily resort fee but you get $33 daily dining credits back to use (you MUST use it all in one location or lose the balance, and you MUST tell them to subtract it from the check at the time of food purchase, it's NOT like regular hotel credits where they will just take it off your final room bill at purchase.) These were great to have for some drinks and snacks at the pool, and could be used at any of the hotels 15+ dining venues like for breakfast or lunch. The staff were all helpful and pleasant. The room was lovely and we greatly enjoyed our three days in Savannah. We did a walking tour with 40 Acres & A Mule (highly recommend for actual history) and a food tour with Taste Savannah, all meeting points were easily walkable from hotel. It was very hot so we also appreciated the rooftop pool which we visited every afternoon (although on a weekend it was very hard to get chairs in the afternoon but usually something opened up if we set our stuff down at a dining chair near the bar). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates fine food, multiple entertainment and dining options, great location, excellent staff, and well appointed rooms.

Date of stay: June 2022
George Hartman, General Manager at JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2022

Thank you, Anghared1, for posting such a great review. We look forward to hosting you, again, in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2022

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like VIPs! Everyone at the hotel was so courteous and they always spoke to us in passing. Menne at the front desk was a wonderful representative of the JW Marriott! She was so warm and welcoming and provided us with excellent bar and restaurant recommendations. The property has 14 bars and restaurants and although we didn't try them all, I can attest to Turbine having the best breakfast of any hotel I've ever been in (and I'm Titanium at Marriott and Diamond at Hilton). The room was immaculate! If you have the opportunity to stay in a bi-level loft suite, you won't be disappointed. Magnificent view of the river, 2 full baths, spacious living area, and a cozy bed. It was without a doubt, the nicest, most comfortable room I've ever stayed in. I didn't want to leave this hotel! I've stayed in a few hotels in Savannah and this is definitely the one I'll keep returning to. Thank you, J.W. Marriot Savannah! You've got a guest for life!

Room tip: The bi-level loft suites have great views of the river. Try to get one of those if possible.
1  Thank WiKiT13

Thank you, WiKiT13, for posting such a great review. We look forward to hosting you, again, in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2022 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the JW Marriott in Savannah, Georgia this month as we drove north to Boston from Sanibel Island. We love this hotel. It is so unique and sits in a historic location along the river.
Our mini suite was beautiful, the accommodations were 5 star.
We were very grateful to the professional front desk staff that helped us correct the reservation we had made via phone. It seems there are two Marriotts in Savannah, mistakenly we had been booked into the other one. We only wanted the JW Marriott on the Savannah River as it has been cleverly redesigned from a 1912 power plant into a fascinating hotel.
As an architect, my husband greatly admired the stunning renovation with its respect for the history of the three buildings.
Excellent dinner at the bar and breakfasts in the lobby restaurant.

JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is located in the heart of historic Savannah on the Savannah riverfront. Easy walk to the historic sites!

We shall return there!
Carol

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you, J3677PScarols, for posting such a great review. We look forward to hosting you, again, in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2022 via mobile

Everything about this place is amazing! The staff, the restaurants and bars, the surrounding entertainment and the VIEWS! I could spend hours in the main lobby alone.
When visiting Savannah, do yourself a favor and stay here. You will not regret it!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you, Patrick W, for posting such a great review. We look forward to hosting you, again, in the future.