Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.comUS$287
EtripUS$287
Trip.comUS$287
Algotels
StayForLong
All reviews across the river aqua star midnight sun free ferry pool bar great resort convention center river street great amenities checking in balcony room southern hospitality historic district conference brandon downtown relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

Unfortunately they are not only still suffering the aftermath of COVID and being short staffed, but they also need a renovation BADLY.

The first day we arrived the pool was packed with people and the pool bar (also the only place to get lunch) had a substantial line. I later learned that there was a convention and due to the lack of hotel oversight at the pool area, a large majority of people attending the convention were enjoying themselves at the pool and pool bar, even though they were not hotel guests. On other days, pool towels were almost impossible to find.

Breakfast service was incredibly slow, likely due in large part to a lack of employees.

The room we stayed in was filthy, yes filthy. Thankfully I packed Lysol and sanitizing wipes. Trust me, asking to switch rooms would have just given me more of the same and it wasn’t worth it. Disappointing stay from start to finish.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank DCbeachgirl
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2021

Dear DCbeachgirl,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We strive to provide refreshing, enhanced accommodations to every guest; therefore, we sincerely apologize for not meeting these expectations during your stay. We hope you will consider giving us another chance to provide you with the enriching experience you should always expect from us. Thank you for choosing us, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Savannah area.

Reviewed 9 June 2021

This was our first stay at any Westin Hotel. Quite impressed with the ambience. Staff are professional & courteous. I am a Lifetime Platinum Marriott Member & this 3-night stay was a nice getaway weekend (a little over a 2-hr drive from Jacksonville, FL).

We were on the 12th floor (which was not the top). There are 4 elevators & guests must use the room key in order to push any floor button on the key pad. This was not relayed to us by front desk staff but after about the 3rd time of the doors opening & we were back on the bottom floor, another guest told us how to get to our floor.

We took the ferry every day (didn't take the car once). Ferry is free & runs every day w/convenient timeframes for pick-ups / drop-offs.

The workout facility is not attached to the bldg where guests stay (about 1/4 mi 1-way hike). Clean & spacious. Plenty of equipment & free weights.

Room tip: Facing the pool & river was nice but got noisy in the evening (even on the 12th floor)
Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

Lovely hotel! Ambiance is relaxing. The room was nice, clean and relaxing. The location was perfect, away from the noisy, bustling downtown Savannah. The ferry rides to/fro downtown is free and just a 10min ride. Service was nice. I wanna give my shoutout to Patrice at Aqua Star. A lovely, young lady with a great attitude. Helpful and attentive. Our overall experience was great. So cool to see cargo ships passes by our window.

2  Thank ro1655
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Dear ro1655,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers. The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf & Resort offers a vibrant, rejuvenating retreat in the heart of Savannah, and we are pleased we exceeded your expectations. It was our pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 29 May 2021

I don't generally complain but because I am a general fan of Westin Hotels when I take vacations, I thought it would be meaningful to write of my disappointment during my recent stay earlier this week.
After a long road trip, we were disappointed to be told when were arrived to check in at 6pm by the young lady at the front desk the room was not ready- no further explanation was provided. When asked for an estimate the response was that there was no way to know- again no explanation was offered. I would have been better customer service to offer a comp for a drink or parking, or even just an apology- any of those would have been fine for me. Also, no general info about where to find things were given upon checkin (gym, ferry, elevators, parking area). I only found these things when I specially asked. Westin grounds are expensive, so maps for your guest would be helpful. Anyway, the room was ready around 8:15PM. By the time I finished my dinner, got back over on the ferry and pulled the car around, no

After a long road trip it was not a great experience when we arrived around 6 PM for check in, to be told by the young lady at the front desk that the room was not yet ready- no further explanation was given. When I asked when approximately it would be, she didn't know- again no further explanation given. While I can only assume this was most likely related to staffing shortages, a better customer service response could have been provided - a comp for a drink, a day of free parking or even just an apology for the inconviemc etc. Really anything besides "I don't know" would have been fine for me. Also, no basic info was provided upon check in about where to find things (e.g. the parking lot, gym, ferry, elevator area). I only got this info when I specifically asked for it. The Westin gronds are expansive, so a basic map would have been very helpful for your first time guests to have at check in so we don't have to wonder. Anyways, the room was finally ready around 8:15 PM. By the time I finished my dinner I already had in progress, returned on the the ferry, and pulled the car up it was 9:30 PM. With no Bellman services in sight (again, one assumes the time of day and staffing), I self-serviced my own luggage to my room located at the furthest point from the the elevators (#1135), only to find my room keys did not work. I was given new keys, again with no concern of the poor customer experience. The room overall was clean and comfortable, however after unpacking that evening, I discovered a sizable wad of someone else's hair strands in the corner of the bathroom floor-honestly by this point, I was too tired to even contemplate reporting the issue and getting another dose of "consumer service" from the desk staff , I unhappily just cleaned it up myself and went to bed.
Areas I did enjoy about the hotel: the salt pool and grounds were beautiful and well maintained, the ferry was convenient and ferry staff was actually VERY helpful in answering my questions, general room comfort was good and river view was great. If not for that, the rating for this stay would have lower.

1  Thank kramerkat
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2021

Dear kramerkat,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your time with us. We want to extend our apologies for your unpleasant stay and for the inconveniences you experienced. Our primary focus is making sure you receive exceptional service from our associates, and we are disappointed this was not your experience. We hope you will accept our apologies and our promise that this will be addressed.
On a positive note, we appreciate your remarks regarding our beautiful grounds, riverfront heated swimming pool, and our complimentary hotel shuttle. We hope that you will stay with us again so that we can provide you with the exceptional hospitality for which we are known. We wish you all the best with your future travels.

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Traveled over 9 hours to find out reservation that I made was cancelled because I did not fill out form attached to email with payment update. They said card was declined even though 3 days earlier the card increased my credit limit to $10K and I have no balance. When I got email I didn’t see attachment so I updated payment info online and replied to email. I then found out that person that I emailed was off and manager called hone phone but not cell phone...we were out and I didn’t get message. We are in 2021 so I should be able to update payment online or through the app! I also checked into room online so had no idea there was an issue.

When I got there they were not sympathetic and couldn’t care less that we had no place to stay. Horrible experience all way around!

1  Thank Keith P
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2021

Dear Keith P,