Stayed at the Thunderbird 2 weeks ago for 2 nights. People at the front desk we very cheerful and efficient. Always had a smile and were willing to help. The rooms were very nice, very comfortable beds. I mean very comfortable. I have stayed in many hotels some cheap some very expensive the beds here are just as good if not better than many high end hotels. Bathrooms were a bit dated but fine. Only negatives are the cleaning staff just made the bed, replaced the towels and that's about it. No refill on the in room coffee etc. We did leave one of the Krispy Kreme doughnuts on the counter and when we got back a bunch of tiny ants had found their way in. Found a tiny hole in the corner of the vanity. The area is fine just make sure you turn right out of the paking lot. To the left it gets a bit shady in 3 blocks. Coffee, tea, Krispy Kreme, and ceral in the lobby for breakfast was great. Hotel had a cool vibe to it and with free parking and very reasonable rates for Savannah I'd definately stay there again. Can walk to historic district in 5 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah