The Confederate House
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$135
US$127
  • Breakfast included
The Marshall House(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$239
US$291
US$232
US$199
All reviewsforsyth parkcookiessouthern hospitalityguests sittrials and tribulationssitting roomthe inn keeperbreakfast is servedhuge bathroomsouthern breakfasthistoric districtbed was comfortablethree roomsgreat bed and breakfastenjoyed our stayblueberry pancakesprivate bath
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Online pictures look great, so I was really looking forward to staying here. I committed the crime of arriving early, looking for parking. The main room when you first enter is a characterless cavern. I was greeted by a booming voice asking "How did you get in here? You aren't supposed to be here." Not a great first impression! I managed to park but later that evening, speaking to the owner, I was informed that breakfast was at 9 am only, no exceptions. I had to be on the road early the next morning so missed breakfast. It was a B, not a B&B. That evening I tried to use the internet but had not been given the password. There is no desk so at about 8:30 pm I tried calling the owner (who lives in the basement) on my phone. No answer. So no internet, and no way to reach the owner if you have an emergency. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable and I enjoyed the cookies that the owner leaves out. However, the inn was not close to what I had anticipated and I was disappointed. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank palmret1
3699, Owner at The Confederate House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

I,m reading this review and it makes no sense to me I have a very soft voice so when you say you were greeted by a booming voice perhaps in all your travels you confused a couple of places . The ballroom or main room is far from characterless there are 3 crystal chandeliers imported from Europe for that room and there are 4 crystal wall sconces also imported from Europe. The material for the sheers on the windows came from Paris and the wall paper from England. There are oriental rugs on the floor and the furniture is French. There are family portraits in that room and a baby grand piano. This is a band b if you chose not to dine with us that is up to you. We are a small band b so we do not have a restaurant open for hours each day that guests may come in when ever. This complaint about not being able to reach me in the evening and a couple of sentences earlier you say you spoke with me earlier in the evening.I work very hard to please our guests but some times it does not work and I am sorry to hear you did not like it here. Thank-you for your review.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

This B&B is very interesting in a unique way. I regret not getting other family members to occupy the whole place. The owner is sweet and seems to be misunderstood by other reviews. I really liked her a lot. The Hotel is not over done decor-wise which I like. Breakfast is at 9:00 am. There ate only three rooms and the rates are very fair for Savannah. The owner runs the whole place alone so just give her a break. It is like staying at Moms or Grandmas ; so deal with it! I had a blast and the walk to the River is 12 healthy and beautiful historic, blocks and the park across the street is amazing and energetic. There is a great Hotel Resort and Bar right next door, which is perfect. Next time I'm booking w family and getting all three rooms. Parking is very limited but fun. Handicap people w not find this Hotel an option. There are lots of stairs to climb with your suitcases. The cable TV is lame but who goes to Savannah to watch TV!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CHris H
3699, Owner at The Confederate House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Thank-you for the wonderful review. Coming to stay with your extended family and booking all 3 rooms is a great idea we would love to meet all of your family and be able to have them as our guests.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were looking forward to a nice Valentine's getaway. Upon arriving, however, at The Confederate House, things took a downward spiral. The home was previously grand, but it is now in need of attention. Everything I have read in other reviews (which I wish I had read before booking) was true: dirty exterior, sparse interior, poor parking situation. Ms. Williams stood in the 2nd floor window watching us park and motioning for us to back up, move behind a different car, etc. Creepy. Upon being allowed to enter with 2 other couples, we were told we had to wait because she did not have our booking. She told us to go out on the porch, but then agreed to let us listen to her litany of rules that were identical to other reviewers' posts. She dismissed the other 2 couples one at a time, showed us chairs to wait in and disappeared. When she returned, she had Expedia on speaker, and I found that I had mistakenly booked for March 13 instead of Feb. 13. The agent told her that all she had to do was cancel. She refused. When I began to question her since it was obviously an honest mistake, she disappeared with the phone so that we could not hear her conversation. She returned and asked if we needed something. I responded, that yes, we needed to cancel our room for March and she stated that she does not do refunds. When I tried to reason with her, she stated that she "had people to handle things like this" and would we like a cookie.
I find it difficult to believe that other travelers found Ms. Williams a charming Southern Belle. Perhaps, if you have no issues, that would be the case. But, after reading her nasty responses to any negative reviews, I would think that speaks for itself.
I hope this review will make others think twice before booking. Our encounter with Ms. Williams was a terrible start to our getaway.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DFosterTennessee

This person booked the wrong date showed up a month early and started raising her voice wanting me to clean up her mistake and take the loss. We only deal with persons over 21 and if they make a mistake and show up a month early I am not responsible for their mistake. Our website says no refunds she could have come back in a month but she chose to cancel. As for all her complaints they are not what this about it is about her showing up a month early for her reservation.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

This is an old southern mansion. To get to the room, one needs to walk up approximately 40 steps from the street to the lobby and then up another flight of stairs. No elevator and narrow steps. Also, one of the bannisters from the street to the lobby is loose. If someone is handicapped or has disability issues, forget this place completely The front room faces the street and lights are on all night. The curtains are very sheer. Slowest Wi-Fi I have ever seen. Also no telephone in room. Parking is an issue, you park behind the building and you might have to move your car to let someone else out. From the parking area to the door, one has to walk over a path that is part flagstones and part mulch, (fun carrying a suitcase over it). Breakfast is at 9 AM. One sitting. Everywhere else, I have been, breakfast was variable time to meet your persona; needs. Toiletries are big bottles of soap, etc from CVS or equivalent. The sinks do not have plugs

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sewerrat276

From reading your review perhaps the next time you travel you might consider a motel where your room is on the ground floor and has a restaurant so you can chose your time to eat. There are sheer drapes on the window and there are Levelor blinds behind them to block the light. I find it very interesting you recognized the liquid soap was from CVS so I gather you must shop there for your soap also. For some people the Wi-Fi may seem slow but it is Comcast what can I say .Thank-you for your review and have a nice day.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the first room at the top of the stairs. The room was huge, clean, and adorable. The bathroom was also gigantic. There were towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, and plenty of hot water. The bed was by far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in my entire life. If I could take it home I would! A lot of light comes through the windows so if you can't sleep with night light type light then book one of the other rooms. Colleen is the sweetest most adorable lady. My favorite thing was breakfast. Colleen makes a wonderful southern breakfast and all the guests sit at the table in the stunning house to eat and chat. I would stay here again. The outside could use a little work but don't judge a book by its cover. This is a beautiful, friendly, and wonderful bed and breakfast located across from Forsyth park.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends