TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport
Hampton.com
The Marshall House(Savannah)
US$169
  • Restaurant
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$81
The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn(Savannah)
US$249
US$239
US$324
US$310
Official Site
All reviewssavannah airportdog feestorage drawersquick stopoverpatio furniturepots pansbreakfast hostroom was cleanfull kitchenan extended stayvery comfortable staypull out sofabusiness travelerfree shuttlerecommend this hotelcheck in was quickhot tub
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I'm here tonight because Delta didn't get us there (Delta deserves a really bad review but they really don't care so what's th point). I've always been a Marriott fan with a couple of Marriott credit cards and have always apprecitated the service and quality of their hotels. But this place is a very sad. I would not have stayed here if I hade read the reviews that I now see on Tripadvisor. I'm either a gold or platinum member--doesn't matter as the place still has a very unpleasant odor regardless of my "status." Ratty furnishings that look as tired as I feel tonight! I would have given it a 1 star were it not for Lois, the shuttle driver who was delightful and made us feel so at home. She hauled us from airport to hotel to eat about a mile from here. Just lovely lady--I hope they appreciate her! The first place they put us in was freezing and the heater was broken so they moved us. Lois, the rescuer, was sent with a key to move us to anothe room. Still smelled funny. Ick. And their workout closet--it's about that big, is a pitiful. Anyway, I really expect so much more from Marriott. This place was over $200 for the night!!! BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel...Hyatt Place across the street looks SO much better!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
karen_mccoy, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Sandra C,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment, I was notified by Lois about the first room you were checked into and sent my rooms supervisor to inspect and clean the room correctly. Our hotel was completely remodeled in 2015 with the Marriott specs for TownePlace Suites. We are a long term stay hotel and have many guests of different nationalities stay at our location using different herbs and spices, unfortunately the odors absorb in curtains and furniture. We do our best to follow protocol to remove the odors. I appreciate your comments about Lois, she is a delight and very much appreciated. I have worked with her for 20 plus years at several different Marriott's. Again, my apologies and appreciation for your review.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We stayed Mar 23 - 25. Room was excellent and perfectly located near shopping and restaurants, and 20 min to downtown. And manager karen was super sweet and helpful with our booking. Would highly recommend and definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Platinum elite Marriott members! Sure were not treated like one. Looks nice from outside but rooms definitely need updating. Bathroom needed a thorough scrubbing. Front desk personnel need to be schooled in customer service, very rude when I called front desk for help finding the sheets for the pull out sofa and was told that if I wanted another pillow I could come down and get it!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
karen_mccoy, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear thrilledmedina,

I am certainly sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel. This is not the impression we like to leave our guests with and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your stay. Our hotel had a complete renovation in 2015 and we opened in 2008. My number is 912-629-7775 if you would like to speak to me further or feel free to email if you would rather. My email address is:
karen.mccoy@Marriott.com

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We arrived in our room to find the lights would not work. We called the front desk and were told to open the door to the fuse box in the room and try flipping switches. Luckily, we knew what to do and solved that problem, but what if we were not so knowledgeable? Seems like someone should have come to help us.

Then we discovered the overhead light in the entry/kitchen had only one lightbulb in it - and it must have been about 40 watts because we could barely see. Called the front desk and were told there was nothing they could do because no maintenance person was on duty.

The next morning we went to take a shower and discovered the bathtub wouldn't drain in spite of propping up the drain plug. We showered in ankle-deep water (YUCK!). We complained at the front desk and were told that the repair was listed in their maintenance book but hadn't been completed. Unbelievable! They knew the bathtub didn't drain and rented the room anyhow!

The staff was apologetic and reduced our bill, but we would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
karen_mccoy, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

I apologize for any inconviences you experienced while at Townplace Savannah Airport, All the issue have been fixed. Townplace prides it self on great customer service< and this is not something that happens here all the time. Again I apoligze for your inconviences.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Pre booked this hotel for a stop over traveling home from a cruise. Very convenient to Hwy 95 and plenty of shopping and restaurant near by and a large Outlet Mall It is clean and comfortable place. The check in was easy. Lady checking us in was very nice and suggested places to eat near by. Breakfast is included with the room.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple