“What a great (take-out) dinner!”
Review of Abhiruchi

Abhiruchi
Ranked #14 of 766 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 6 January 2017

I enjoy good food, and won't give a great review to a place that hasn't earned it. But our dinner last night was superb. We bought two dinners and one ala carte dinner item, and some raita, and the total bill was $36 (and we have enough leftovers to make that a very good deal considering the quality). The dinners, just $2 more, include nan, lentile crispbread, raita, dal curry, a peas dish, and that rice dessert dish, in addition to whatever entree you chose. Wow! All the food (vegetable biriyani, saag paneer, and was outstanding in flavor. Just great. I ate the lunch buffet at their Beaverton location for years; this was my first time at the Vancouver location, and my first time to order dinner. We did it take-out (as did others I noticed, with the dinner tables empty at 6:30)--the restaurant is not super-nice inside in terms of decor. The owner is friendly, and the food is really great.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are huge fans of this place. I think we eat here at least once a month. In August we actually had them cater our wedding and had everyone asking about it. We wound up with no left overs everyone loved it so much! Our family and extended family actually ate it for breakfast the next day! Not only is the food amazing, the owner and employees are so incredibly kind. Definitely recommend Abhiruchi if you enjoy Indian cuisine.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here many times for their lunch buffet. The food is well-prepared and almost authentic -- not nearly as spicy as one would find in India, but still good. The goat curry that is served on the Saturday buffet is not to be missed. Absolutely delicious!

The service is friendly and attentive. They are very nice to children here!

Reviewed 4 November 2016

First time here, saw the four star review so had to try it. Right next to Motel6 area looked a bit sketchy however not bad at all. Came for the lunch so they had buffet set up. Great selection and variety of food from Chicken Tandori" to Curry Vindaloo, Mango Rice, vegetable paneer, to name a few. Service was EXCELLENT! You can also order from the menu if you wish. $20 for two people all you can eat buffet, no brainer!

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I know that I have to be careful at Indian restaurants because of the propensity to use too much cilantro. And that was the case at Abhiruchi as well. I had eaten the lunch buffet at the Beaverton store many years ago, and very much enjoyed it. But I don't remember having had such a problem with cilantro then. It must be much more prevalent and "trendy" now. I wanted to order the dinner option which had a number of items as well as a main entree. But when I asked, they suggested I do just the ala carte with rice and nan. Apparently all the extras had cilantro in them. I had been looking forward to having a variety of tastes. Oh well.

That being said, the curry chicken was excellent! And I always love nan. Maybe I'll go back and try something with vegetables in it.

I went in a little after 5, when dinner starts. I think I was the only one in there during the whole hour before I left at 6. I hope they get more business at other times, because the place is nicely kept and decorated and the servers very friendly.