“a HUGE NOPE”

Vancouver Pizza CO
Ranked #88 of 799 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 5 December 2016

A few friends raved about their pizza but warned about their price...should have been warned about both! I understand it is their "soft opening" but when you overhear the owner say they "use soft opening as an excuse" you lose any bit of empathy. Service was very disorganized and short (I understand people calling in sick, etc) but it was blatantly obvious that there were more issues than just being a server down. Beyond the lack of atmosphere (again "soft opening"), horribly lacking service (seated at a dirty table with dirty dishes, just as an example, and had to repeatedly ask for it to be cleaned; never received one of our drinks); there is the food. The breadsticks were horrible...a sponge without flavor - I guess that is what they up-sell their dipping sauces for??? The pizza, pepperoni, was not good. The crust also lacked flavor and was a school cafeteria type crust; little sauce; so much pepperoni that when you picked up a slice the entire sheet of toppings slid off. You could not bite through the greasy pepperoni easily. There was minimal cheese - enough to further aid the pepperoni sheet from being easy to eat. And the grease - from just one slice...it was not appetizing at all. We left with a to go box of over half a pizza and a breadsticks because we just couldn't stomach it. It was so unappetizing we didn't even take the leftovers home but gave them away.

We should have taken the hint from another table and just walked out (which their absence failed to be noticed for over five minutes).

I really hope they see that if their staff and product are not where they should be, any revenue earned during their "soft opening" is not worth it. If they stand behind their product that was served, I really question my friends tastes. They have lost us for a long time and from the sounds of it a few others. We will be back to support local and try again - but in a year...assuming it's interior develops a personality.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This longstanding Pizza restaurant in Uptown Vancouver is always busy and promises some of the most unique pizzas around.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

These folks give you excellent service as well as value. They are very family or adult friendly. The menu is varied .. something for everyone; meat eaters, vegetarian, gluten free. Many sauces. They sponsor family events and have been more than helpful for us when with my autistic nephew. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Ordered a pepperoni pizza to go and when we went to eat it, it was soaked in grease. The sauce was really strong tasting and the meat was under the cheese and I hate pizzas that are made like that anyway cause the grease has no place to go but into the crust...nasty!

Reviewed 29 July 2016

We had a long day seeing sights in, and around, Vancouver and were back in our hotel room, hungry for someone to bring us food so we didn't have to go back out again. Trying to find a pizza place that delivers to random hotels that isn't a chain can be hard. But we found this place and decided to give it a try. The service over the phone was great. They were very friendly and called right back when our phone accidentally disconnected.
The pizza was good. Better than the average chain, for sure. The sauce was a little sweeter than we normally like, but really not bad enough to complain about. The pepperoni were large and super tasty. The sausage was just the right amount of spicy.
Overall, good food and recommended.