“Great Sushi, Generous portions of sashimi”
Review of Genki Ya

Genki Ya
Ranked #30 of 221 Restaurants in Brookline
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I ate here with a friend who lives locally in Brookline, whilst the sushi is by no means cheap, the quality and portion sizes of the Sashimi are great value. the service was friendly and the overall experience was great. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

This is primarily a small local restaurant for sushi. They have a large variety of choices for sushi and maki either individually or combination plates. The sushi was good but nothing exceptional. The bill was surprisingly high considering that we only had miso soup and modest quantities of maki.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Expansive menu of Japanese favorites, including sushi, sashimi, rolls, teriyaki, & Katsu. The portions are large, justifying the price. Pure delight!

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Admittedly, the place was empty when I arrived for an early dinner but outside of the two chefs in the open kitchen, the entire floor staff was stretched out on empty tables catching 40 winks. The chef alerted a waitress who brought me a menu. She never said a word or acknowledged my thank you's throughout the hour I was there. Food good, atmosphere creepy.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Having grown up just outside of NYC, I've struggled a bit with finding tasty since moving to Boston. Genki Ya has it figured out! I'm so grateful to finally find a place where I can routinely order my sushi.. And I eat a whole lot of it!! My family came to visit and I took them here. Everyone enjoyed their meals, especially me!

I have a severe gluten allergy and the waitress was unbelievably on top of everything. She actually told me exactly which portion of my meal needed to omit before the words could come out of my mouth.

Great sushi, great staff... And a grateful customer!!