“Our Favorite Neighborhood Cafe”
Review of Athan's Bakery

Athan's Bakery
Ranked #4 of 8 Bakeries in Brookline
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 8 July 2017

This is our favorite place when we want to treat ourselves to coffee out. I think the croissants are the best in Brookline and are fresh out of the oven at opening time. The counter help are friendly, and the dining room is large enough that one does not have to wait for a table to open up. We also enjoy desserts here after a dinner across the street at the Tavern.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Here is what I noticed - customers are smiling as they go in, and as they are coming out.
The staff are friendly and of course, they are smiling too. My coffee and croissant were good enough to guarantee my return, and I am not a neighbor.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

My family and I seem to be some of the few folks in town who do not like Athan's. I have enjoyed some of their cakes and the cappuccino I had there once was nicely made. But the cookies are dry and tasteless - like sawdust. Yes, it has a European atmosphere - but not necessarily a nice European cafe.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Felt right at home in Greece with their welcoming service, truly delicious Greek cookies/desserts and other great delicacies!! Well worth visiting for a Greek coffee or breakfast, lunch or even dinner !!!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

There are plenty of classics but also some great Greek inspired desserts here. I have tried a number but always come back to the noisette or the amendoa. I once bought a selection of their smaller confections in lieu of a full cake and have never made my mother happier! Lovely little place to sit in the back as well with a coffee bar. The little nut confections are also quite good.