“Cookies, Coffee, Breakfast...”

Athan's Bakery
Ranked #4 of 8 Bakeries in Brookline
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I've made multiple visits, most for their delicious biscuit and jam sandwich cookies and a coffee, but have also visited for breakfast. Being able to enjoy one of their croissants RIGHT after it was made was probably the highlight of the meal - so light, fluffy, and buttery!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Athan's is a very cozy Greek bakery in Brookline. It has a unique old-world feeling and lovely, delicious hand made treats compared to so many chain coffee shops nearby. Service is very friendly and sweets are unique and delicious. Athan's is special to my husband and I because they provided the cake for our wedding! It was the Deux Couleur torte with a white icing instead of the usual chocolate. They handled all the details seamlessly including delivery to our venue and decoration on site with flowers from our florist. It was exactly the cake we had pictured!!! Most importantly it was of the highest quality and taste. We had so many compliments from guests that it was the most delicious cake they had ever had, wedding or otherwise! My husband has extremely high standards for his desserts (since he is Greek) and still dreams about this cake . If you want a beautiful cake that will surely impress your guests and leave you with a delicious memory, I would recommend Athan's to all. Thank you Aris!!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The baked goods and pasteries at this locally owned store are delicious, but the customer service is inconsistent. Junior staff makes a good effort to assist customers, but I find the am supervisory/management staff impatient and a bit gruff in handling special requests, such as purchasing gift cards. I also didn't appreciate having to conduct business while the supervisor talked continuously into her cell phone.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

This is our favorite place when we want to treat ourselves to coffee out. I think the croissants are the best in Brookline and are fresh out of the oven at opening time. The counter help are friendly, and the dining room is large enough that one does not have to wait for a table to open up. We also enjoy desserts here after a dinner across the street at the Tavern.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Here is what I noticed - customers are smiling as they go in, and as they are coming out.
The staff are friendly and of course, they are smiling too. My coffee and croissant were good enough to guarantee my return, and I am not a neighbor.