US$218
Hampton.com
US$169
US$139
US$219
Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$179
US$159
US$200
Hotels.com
US$117
ah Rose Marie Bed and Breakfast(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$79
All reviewsolder hotelsteese highwaylarge roomwalking distance to downtownfull kitchenbreakfast is servedfree breakfastfree airport shuttlecold weatherthe air conditioningstaff was friendly and helpfuloatmealtwo night staytrain stationplug inslaundry facilitiesbeds were comfortable
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We took our mother to Fairbanks the Christmas of 2011 to fulfill her last bucket dream -- seeing the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights). That we did see and on Christmas Eve, no less! We had booked the trip through Orbitz and the hotel was a package deal in combo with Alaska Airlines. We arrived the week before Christmas and were given a two queen room in the basement. The room was terrible and the beds had mattresses that must have been picked up from trash bins -- no lie. When we complained the general manager of the property admitted that he sells the crappy rooms to the discount travel sites (Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, etc...) but that for an extra $10 per day he put us up in a two bedroom suite on the second floor. The beds had pillow top mattresses and were very comfortable. The property GM was the only member of the hotel staff that was pleasant. The front desk staff would not even acknowledge you when coming or going through the lobby and to ask them for local advice or a hotel service it was like asking Leona Helmsley how her day was. The restaurant / bar in the basement does have pleasant staff; however, the food and drink prices are very high and the food was subpar. The maid service was horrible and during a 10 day stay there our room was only serviced/cleaned 7 times. All of the rooms have kitchenettes; however, the appliances are mediocre and dated and a deposit must be put down to obtain cooking ware, silverware, and dishes (all of which are of the cheapest quality) and don't expect the maids to wash your dishes. ALSO, beware -- even though the hotel has wireless service it is not secure and our Ipad, laptop and Iphones were hacked and we are still trying to get it all straightened out. The better bet would be to stay at the Westmark hotel just a block down 10th Street or one of the other hotels near the river.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere or request a suite or a room with pillow top mattresses and for God's sake do not allow them to put you in the basement.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank drawknob
Reviewed 12 October 2011

This hotel is dated but not terrible. One of the amenities that I did like was the fact that it did have a kitchette which is such a cost saver. There is a restaurant and bar in the lower level of the building which served good food. In some rooms there are jacuzzi tubs. The hotel is centrally located near the downtown area. The downside is the hotel is very dated, the rooms are small, The restaurant was pretty spendy. The staff was not exceptionally polite just functional. The price was about $80/night during the low season. I would not want to pay much more during the high season.

Room Tip: You have to request a jacuzzi tub and I do not think that it is an extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank reidie00
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Staff could be friendlier (evening reception clerk, breakfast room hosts, shuttle drivers). Reception desk staff should speak more slowly when listing details. I was very disappointed to learn that the “free shuttle” is not available 6:00-8:00 a.m., because of a contract with the railroad – there are two vans but only one driver on duty. This is an older hotel, so expect a worn look and water-guzzling toilets and big whirlpool baths. The website lists room amenities as including a writing desk and chair, but they were not in my room – no desk or eating table. No sign of recycling being done or promoted. The breakfast offerings were below what I would expect, including many packaged items, and breakfast is served in the pub in the basement. The hotel is in a quiet location, and I slept well.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This place was probably great 30 years ago, but it is woefully out of date and tired. It's actually boarderline gross with the plush carpet and wood grain baseboard. The room was a good size and had a little kitcehette. I was only there for 4 hours and was glad it was a short trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Bill_Alisen
Reviewed 15 September 2011

So, I was pleased with the Regency when I stayed there. It's an old hotel in Fairbanks. But they are taking care of it. The front desk lady was nice and the rooms were clean. It would not be my first choice in hotels, but Fairbanks is extremely expensive in the summer, so I went with them.
A few days after checkout, I saw that I had a charge of $60 on my CC. I called the hotel and they told me it was for missing towels. I took no towels. I took nothing from the room. Not even the free soaps. The front desk manager told me that they were missing and I was going to be charged. I attempted to contact the general manager and he never returned my calls. One woman told me 1 towel was missing, another person told me 3. Regardless, $60 for used low quality towels that I didn't take. C'mon.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple