2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 05/02/22
EvenHotels
US$125
Free cancellation until 30/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$105
Expedia.comUS$139
PricelineUS$139
Hotels.comUS$139
All reviews exercise equipment yoga mat front desk the holiday inn new york fitness center definitely stay here again subway stop wellness kale lobby nyc bam barclay train neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 February 2021 via mobile

I’ve been coming to this hotel for years as an athlete. Sangay is the best cleaning lady they have! She is sweet, direct and always always goes above and beyond to make sure the rooms are kept clean especially during this time! I’d always come as long as she’s here!

Date of stay: February 2021
Sue Kyaw, Owner at Even Hotel Brooklyn, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2021

Hello Akilahj2021,

We appreciate your review; this is noted with thanks. Sangay said hello and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Came to Brooklyn to visit my family while working remotely. Please note, NEW YORK IS LITERALLY CLOSED! So please do not come to Brooklyn with any expectations. Now the hotel was very different, in a good way. My first room was a little inconvenient for me due to the standing desk. I’m a regular guy and a standard desk is ideal for me. Thank God the front desk staff was able to switch my room to a room on the 9th floor in the process. The views were amazing and the room with a standard desk is WAY better than the room with the standing desk. None of the amenities are available, including the fitness center. As far as food, their are a lot of options available. I will definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank prynceg

Hello Prynceg,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure being your host and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2021

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago and the hotel was very nice and even allowed us to bring our cat which made it better. Not only that, but it also introduced me to my favorite Korean restaurant! Also, if you are not aware of it already, definitely go to Dekalb Market too! This place is nearby a lot of nice eating and shopping stores, after which you can relax at this very comfortable place afterward. Definitely a pleasant stay

2  Thank allison_180

Hello Allison_180,

Reviewed 15 January 2021 via mobile

We definitely had a good stay in the place, the staff was very lovely and friendly, Derek helped us with questions at reception when we were looking for NYC pizza at midnight, we definitely would stay here again in our next visit.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sue Kyaw, Owner at Even Hotel Brooklyn, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Hello 392derlisr,

Thank you for choosing EVEN Hotel Brooklyn and sharing your review. We appreciate you highlighting the reception staff. Derek said hello and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 January 2021

Worst hotel experience ever. Regretfully, we booked the hotel through our credit card points, and couldn't share this experience on Expedia. Looking back, I can't help but cynically wonder whether that's part of the reason why we were given this frustrating treatment in the first place.
We live in another part of the town, and only booked one night in this hotel because I need to get to an early-hour exam nearby. It was important to plan ahead for the morning, so we called the hotel a couple of hours before we checked in to see whether they still provide breakfast, given the current COVID-19 situation. We used the phone number provided on the hotel website (718-552-3800), and was unequivocally assured by the lady on the phone that yes, there was breakfast. We were also told details about it, including that eggs, toast, and bacon will be provided, and that due to safety concerns it'd be offered on a grab-and-go basis. Upon checking in in the afternoon, we again confirmed with the front desk "whether breakfast starts at 6am", and was again told "yes". Imagine our frustration, then when we showed up early next morning, only to be told that there never was any breakfast, that there hasn't been for months, and that they could think of no reason why it was ever promised to us, or by whom. It was extremely upsetting since many delis are already closed during this pandemic, and the nonchalant attitude of the lady at the front desk didn't help.
There are other concerns, too. Dark red stains on the comforter just under the bed cover, which looks pretty old. Given the COVID concerns, we asked whether it might be possible to look for a room not recently occupied by other guests immediately before, and was given a flat no. Then when asking whether it's possible to do a late check-out post 11 am, we were told that any stay past noon time results in a $100 fee, which is a ridiculous amount—higher than the price for a single night at the moment.
I imagine it must be hard for hotel folks in this economic environment, and I'm not the type to usually rant so long about my experience. But so much of our frustration from this trip was so unnecessary and could've been so easily avoided with a little bit of competent management. I would advise anyone I know who travel to this neighborhood to stay clear of this hotel.

1  Thank Getaway14644492917

Hello Getaway14644492917,

Thank you for choosing Even Hotel Brooklyn on your recent visit to New York City. We are sorry to learn we fell short in some areas that need immediate correction.

Please email us directly at EVENBrooklyn-FrontOffice@ihg.com so that we can better address the issues you reported and the concerns you raised. We are thankful to get the opportunity to improve our services and deliver more consistently going forward. We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for staying with us.