3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
EvenHotels
US$179
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$167
Expedia.comUS$179
PricelineUS$179
travelup.comUS$187
All reviews exercise equipment yoga mat front desk great gym hotel gym the holiday inn barclays center new york fitness center definitely stay here again subway stop wellness sidney kale resistance lobby christina
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

I stayed in even hotel last week with my wife and kids. We had a wonderful experience. Highly recommend staying here. I lived in NYC for years in the past and this this is the best neighborhood to stay for visitors. You can walk to everything, and so many trains are close by. The hotel itself was very neat and peaceful. I was shocked that I could sleep so well. The staff was great and Susie and Tiffany was so helpful about assisting me with a late check-in and other questions I kept bothering them about haha. There is a bar on the premises for ease also. The value was fantastic in my opinion. I'll definitely consider coming back when I visit NYC in the future! 5 stars

Room tip: no parking is the only downfall but it’s new york city so understandable
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Chandra Badola, Owner at EVEN Hotel Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2021

Hello Roy B,

Thank you for your delightful feedback especially for Susie & Tiffany. Providing the best hotel experience begins with excellent

we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2021

If I can give negative stars, I will. My family and I flew into New York (red eye) on Aug 1st, 2021, to have a summer vacation. And this hotel, Even Hotel in Brooklyn, NY, maliciously turned away their customers and us, and not allowing anyone to check in! This caused us almost stranded with no lodging, and a lot of hassle to scramble to find another hotel to stay immediately for the whole one-week trip! Our flight was arrived early in the morning from San Francisco, and we were told at around 8 am to wait for a few hours before we can check-in. After patiently we waited for 7 hours, at 3 pm, they took us by surprise and said that they could not check-in anyone the whole day because their system was down (they also claimed that their internet connection was down too.) The management lady even mentioned that she was not the one who instructed to not telling what was going wrong, and she indirectly blaming her colleague was the one who was not telling the truth in the past 7 hours. They suggested us to go to another hotel nearby which they claimed that hotel has vacancies. But then, we found out the hotel across the street (Holiday Inn) was not even accepting any walk-in customers at the time. The worst problem and practice were that, they did not tell us and other customers earlier when we first arrived in the morning (also at noon and 2 pm - when we asked for status) which they already knew the system was down as they mentioned !! In fact, they intentionally lied to their customers early on and bet on the system be fixed before 3 pm. In short, they did not care about their customers and services, and intentionally left their customers stranded without any time to prepare for the worst. They also have no plan to help their customers in such a worst-case scenario and abruptly turned their customers away instead. This is the worst I have ever seen as a frequent traveler. I strongly recommend everyone to stay away from making reservation with this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2021
Chandra Badola, Owner at EVEN Hotel Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2021

Hello franktDuc848,

We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with your recent visit. Considering the gravity of your complaint, we will need to conduct a full investigation in order to correct it and assist you personally.

Thank you staying with us and hope we get another opportunity to welcome you back with an improved experience overall.

Be well,

Reviewed 29 July 2021

Stayed at the EVEN hotel in Brooklyn for 3 nights while in NY for work. The room itself was nice: good bed, modern furniture and good bathroom. The TV had every channel you could want including all the HBO channels.

Unfortunately I had a generally poor experience outside of the room itself. The front desk was understaffed leading to long lines almost always. Some of the staff were great, others not so much, including arguing loudly between each other in front of guests at the front desk.

One of the 2 elevators was broken for the duration of my 3 night stay, leading to lineups for the elevator. The wifi didn't work at all for my first day and was unusably slow from my room until the last morning. It was impossible to do any work from the hotel and I ended up going to a nearby coffee shop when I wasn't at the office. There are ice/water dispensers on every second floor but the one on my floor was seemingly broken for my entire stay.

This hotel has potential, it's well located and feels relatively new, but it's let down by poor attention to detail and not enough focus on service.

Room tip: Higher floors have a better view of the city
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank myrong727
Chandra Badola, Owner at EVEN Hotel Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2021

Hello myrong727,

We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience at EVEN Brooklyn. Rest assured these issues are being investigated. Please contact us directly so that we may address the issues you encountered personally and further assist you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

I'm starting to lose track of the wonderful reviews that I've written about EVEN Brooklyn, but here I go again. This trip was the best yet, because it was my first to the big apple since covid hit. Additionally I was able to stay with my sister, who I wanted to love EVEN as much as I do. Mission accomplished! With the help of Derek P., who was an absolute SuperStar, we had an Amazing stay. In fact, she had such a good time that she stayed a few days without me! (I'm still jealous...lol). I had asked for a room on a high floor and, while I knew that it was a request and not a surety, when I was disappointed in the lower floor room that I was assigned Derek did everything in his power to ensure that we had a room that fit the bill. He worked with the wonderful staff members at EVEN for over 30 minutes, and by the time my sister arrived I was beyond happy for her to see our well-appointed, comfortable room with a view of Brooklyn. (Even a slight issue with the a/c was taken care of immediately after she called the front desk; when I say immediately, I mean that there was a knock on the door 5 minutes after the call. That's excellent service y'all!) Overall this was another wonderful stay. The kindness and professionalism shown by Derek P. and the team at EVEN Brooklyn is only one reason why it's my hotel of choice in BK. See you soon Derek!

Room tip: Our corner 2 bed room was spacious!

Hello LynnTT,

Thank you for your delightful feedback! Providing the best hotel experience begins with excellent service. It has always been our pleasure to assist our guests in whatever way we can. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2021

First of all, I was instantly amazed by the location. It is close by several train stations. Secondly, the staff is top tier! I met Anastasia and Charrise as I was checking in. They were literally my guardian angels the whole entire trip! I stayed for 5 nights. They provided great recommendations and accommodated all my requests. They also checked in on me during the whole stay to ensure I was having a fantastic time while I was in Brooklyn. They even helped me with finding the right train stations and great restaurants. Honestly, they made my whole entire trip and I am eternally grateful to them. Third, the hotel is super nice with beautiful views of the Barclay stadium. I found it so relaxing to come back to the hotel after a long day of exploring. The bathroom was everything! This was amazing! I am coming back to BK in September and I am definitely staying here again! Everything was fabulous and trendy! I loved it! I was able to work from home in the lobby comfortably throughout the day before my evening adventure. I loved it! Thank you to the staff of Even Hotel Brooklyn - S. Joseph

Hello Explorer07005408047,