“Park. ”
Review of Fort Hamilton

Fort Hamilton
Ranked #110 of 234 things to do in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Built after the War of 1812, the fort was designed to protect the port area between Brooklyn and Staten Island.
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Great national park to visit off manhattan. Good running and history. Access to south beach boardwalk. Free parking.

1  Thank Jeff M

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Here for a business meeting. Nice base with a lot of history within. Several places to experience history. Must pass through guarded access to gain entry. A part of Brooklyn not known. Unique but historic.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

This museum Specializes in the battle of Brooklyn and the establishment of coast artillary installations defending the coastline of the United States. It has exhibits of military artifacts.
The museum is open Tuesday's to Friday's 10am to 4pm.
It is best to phone before visiting. The phone number is 718- 630-4306. The museum is located in fort Hamilton army base; therefore photo ID is required for entrance.
Admission is free.

Reviewed 7 April 2015

My family party made up of grandparents down to young children went to visit the fort and museum. Upon our arrival we made a wrong turn and were followed by guard car and told we needed to leave the military base for failing to follow simple directions. This angry and unmannerly behavior is not acceptable to be part of a military base tour. This man's behavior tarnished the reputation of our courageous service men.

9  Thank Rocklandish
Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

I went with my parents and elders all the way from England. My father was told some instructions and was confused and went the wrong way. The police officer ( who was the one that said the instructions ) came over steaming and screamed at him to get off and he's not allowed back on, he answered with a simple "okay". A little later my cousins who were following us were told by the officer that my father said "I don't care I'm still going to the museum". My mother went back to the officer and asked for his name and he replied "I don't have a name and said you can't do anything since we're not under the jurisdiction of the police, and if you don't get off you will be arrested". I ADVISE NOBODY TO GO.

5  Thank Jack N