2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$110
PricelineUS$129
TravelocityUS$110
1,231 results
All reviews rooftop bar front desk staff jay st subway station lobby nyc block deli
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2022 via mobile

Barely 2/5: Room was clean and bigger than expected, bathroom was nice with a big shower… nicely located ( close to subway ) but the positive points stop there..

Our room was a joint room ( with stranger being next door) ..so we basically had to hear/smell everything coming from the other room. Zero soundproofing, we could hear doors slamming in the hallway. We complaint to the front desk ( we had to get down there at 11pm because the phone in the room was not working)…and nothing was done. I also understand that they might be renovating but the lobby area was kinda sad. The xyz bar was closed. We were not informed prior to our arrival that most services were closed or not offered. I do not recommend this place. Will not be coming back.

Room tip: If you do choose to stay there, do not expect early check in or late checkout ( even if you asked for it). Bring earplugs.
Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Compass16150641959
Reviewed 26 September 2022 via mobile

We stayed at Aloft Brooklyn for three nights.
I was reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor as I was traveling to Brooklyn and I was thinking “what have I done?”. I don’t know what all the whinging was about. Our room (normal King size) was spacious, clean and groovy. The bed was super comfortable and everything worked. Yes, we requested a room on the 15th floor to avoid the rooftop bar noise, and we had to request a room turnover, but we were completely satisfied.

Room tip: Ask for a room anywhere up to the 20th for sleeping. Request a room freshen up.
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2022

I had hopes for this property but it did not come true. The rooms, especially the bathroom need major renovation. I thought I might die due to the slippery floor in the shower. The bathroom floor was actually pealing away! We asked for extra pillows, as three for two people, and extra towels, as once again two bath towels for two people are not enough ( and that request is in my Marriott Bonvoy profile!). We received two pillows and two sheets! When we arrived back to our hotel at about 8pm on a Saturday night, we walked past an active drug deal going down. The parking garage is a nightmare! No food & beverage available - maybe just as well. I don't like to post negative reviews, and try to talk and/or write to some at the hotel or the management company. I could not find any one or company to address.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 22 July 2022

Where do I start... first, check in was at 3. We arrived at about 3:05 and they told us they didn't have a room. We had already paid. So they had us and some other people wait while they "looked for rooms" and then had them cleaned. After about 45 minutes of waiting, they said 10 more minutes. 15 minutes after that, I went up to them to say it had now been an hour. They asked "what's your name again?" and then gave me a room key and told me 805. I go up to 805 and the key doesn't open the door so I start trying other doors and the key opens 806. Then I have to go back down to make sure 806 is in fact my room. This whole time the three young Asian men working at the front desk were extremely standoffish, as if we were annoying them staying at their hotel. We had one small body wash for three people. The next day we went to ask for more body wash and had to wait while the front desk guy talked on his cell phone for a while. He asked when we needed it by and we said... like now? So he gave us another single small body wash. Turns out the "rooftop bar" of the hotel is not affiliated with the hotel in any way, so you have to pay a cover just to get in. Oh, and although there are signs even in the elevator that you should go to the 24th floor to get there, that is not the case. You have to go outside the hotel and a few doors down, which you wouldn't know, because signs tell you otherwise. I have tried to call the front desk 7 times and each time no one answers. This place seriously sucks.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 28 June 2022

The hotel was under renovation, so no amenities were available which the website did not let me know before making my reservation. The fire alarm went off from 10PM to 3Pm on June 23rd, June 2022 which did not make for a good night's sleep. Hotel stay charged me for 4 nights when I checked out after the second night so I could stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: June 2022