“Excellent Ethiopian Dining, Vegetarian Friendly”
Review of Bati

Reserve with OpenTable
Bati is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,010 of 5,625 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Portland Ave.
Transit: C to Lafayette Ave G to Fulton Street 2 3 4 5 N R Q D B to Atlantic Ave
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

This is our favorite Ethiopian restaurant in New York. The food is delicious, spiced just right with the Ethiopian condiments that give this cuisine its distinctive flavor. Our favorite plate is the very generous vegetarian platter. It is like a a North African "mezza," an assortment of savory bean dishes, pureed or stewed in berebere spices. Imagine a Lebanese hummus or babaganoush made with Ethiopian ingredients, accompanied with small tastings of collards, cabbage, and beet selections. All of this is served on fermented Ethiopian flat bread. There are also side servings of the bread. The service is friendly and attentive. The restaurant is a short walk up from BAM in the Fort Greene neighborhood. I usually enjoy my meal with a cold Ethiopian beer. The food is mildly spicy but not overly hot. Highly recommended if you like international foods.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

My daughter and I went to this restaurant on a Thursday night and the place was buzzing. We had the vegetarian combination platter which was delicious. I am a vegan and my daughter is a vegetarian and there was plenty of choice. I am from the UK visiting my daughter. It is the second time I have been here and will definitely return.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Amazing server so accommodating
Met all our special needs the food was
Just out of the world must check this place out combination platters are must

Reviewed 20 January 2016

I arrived at this particular restaurant expecting to eat some good Ethiopian food and to experience a nice environment. Having had very good experiences from other Ethiopian restaurants across the country- I did not think for a moment that I would experience anything less than what I’ve come to love about Ethiopian cuisine. In addition I excitedly brought my sister in-law to introduce her to Ethiopian food. Unfortunately we had a very disappointing experience, from the young woman, who appeared to be reluctantly performing her duties as a server. To the small portions and mildly seasoned food. Regardless of a lack luster experience I wanted to see the good in this restaurant, I was hoping that this was just a low performance day. I am not a perfectionist, people can have a bad day that is ok. However even towards the end of our dining experience the server demonstrated poor behavior and acted in poor taste- I decided that I would not return. I had to reassure my sister in-law that the “Bati Restaurant” was not demonstrative of dinning in an Ethiopian restaurant I did not want her turned-off from ever trying Ethiopian food again.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

Planned to eat here prior to a Habs\Islander hockey game at Barclay Ctre. However due to traffic etc, was only able to eat after the game which normally is too late for us. Anyways since it was on our mind we got here about 10:30 (short walk from the Barclay Ctre). It's in a very nice, trendy walkable area so quite safe. Regarding the food....loved it. May have had Eithiopian in the past but don't recall so can't compare. In any event, it was delicious and not too expensive. Staff was very courteous and although it was late at night, the place was busy.