2 people are viewing this hotel
Fairfield Inn
US$139
US$139
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
US$121
PricelineUS$139
Expedia.comUS$139
Hotels.comUS$139
All reviews rooftop deck great rooftop front desk new york park slope bagels statue of liberty the breakfast area complimentary breakfast higher floor prospect park barclay nyc subway ave elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2022

In February 2022 we confirmed a reservation from September 7 to 12 for a double room whose price was US$872.39. When we arrived at the hotel they informed us that THEY HAD UNILATERALLY CANCELED OUR RESERVATION with the excuse that our credit card did not work (with that card we made the reservation and paid absolutely all the expenses of our trips, including the hotels we stayed in, both in New York as in Boston)... They didn't have rooms to give us either since it was full... THE TRUTH IS THAT THEY LEFT US ON THE STREET, WITHOUT MANAGING ANOTHER HOTEL OR PROVIDING ANYTHING TO US... They informed us that they were very sorry but that the reservation was already canceled and rented to other clients... I imagine that their move was to sell our room at a better price, since looking at the mobile to find a new hotel we saw that both their prices and those of the other hotels had rates much more expensive than the one we assure with Booking.com.

In the end, at 2 am (New York time), we found another hotel further away, of less category and considerably more expensive.

Leynette Jones as general manager and the person ultimately responsible for the cancellation should have replied to my email but, so far, she has not deigned to answer.

The Empathy with the customer is pathetic

Date of stay: September 2022
Leynette Jones, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2022

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience of cancelling your reservations , but an email was sent to the email address on file. When booking third party reservations, your dealing are directly with the third party and not with the hotel directly. If you would like to discuss further about the decline credit. Please reach out directly to the hotel. You may also reach out to the booking source that you used. I am available Monday through Friday 9am- 5pm for further assistance.

Reviewed 14 September 2022

We booked this room for location and price for an extended stay in the City, but found more great features that would have us come back and recommend to others. Although rooms are on the small size and sometimes housekeeping requests were slow or required follow-up, the staff was friendly, and the rooftop patio is amazing. The rooftop offered great views of Manhattan and even the Statue of Liberty can be seen. We sat out there every morning and every evening. Complimentary breakfast every day was a real plus, but it didn't stop there. Four nights of the week, they offered a complimentary dinner. Not gourmet, but sufficient and welcomed when we just needed to "park" for a night. Also, stores and restaurants within walking distance on 5th Ave in Brooklyn.

Room tip: Had a room on one of the higher floors near the stairs. Was relatively quiet. No great views from the room, but the rooftop sure does!
Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 9 September 2022

Check in was pretty smooth, but the man checking us in told us breakfast was only until 9am and all the signs said 9:30am. He did give us a room on a higher floor which we wanted. Even though our room was right near the elevator it was pretty quiet. The rooftop area was pretty cool with great views.
The gym was pretty decent. They had weights from 10lbs to about 60 or 70lbs. There was a bench, a yoga mat, a treadmill, elliptical and a stationary bicycle. They also had towels and a water cooler. There was also paper towels and sanitizing spray.
The breakfast was decent. They had assorted milks, juices, teas, coffee, yogurts, breads including bagels, oatmeal, eggs, turkey and pork sausage, home fries and a few other things. They were refilling right up until the end of the breakfast.
Surprisingly they didn't have any water which I found strange. I also wish in the evening you could get hot water for tea.
The room was small, but fine. The bed and pillows were comfortable. They had charging stations on both sides of the bed.
The TV was okay. We could not get the Netflix to work and one of the Showtime channels either. There was a mini frig, but no microwave. They also had a pod coffee machine. The bathroom was fine and clean.

Date of stay: September 2022
Reviewed 16 June 2022 via mobile

Fairfield Inn Brooklyn
Complaints about my 7 night stay. Tue, 5/17 - Tue, 05/24 2022

What is the “Fairfield Guarantee, a simple promise” (on glass to left of the hotel’s front door)? Since my first complaint on Mon, May 23, 2022, the General Manager, Marriott Customer Care, or CEO has NOT answered this question.

Fairfield Inn Brooklyn ROOFTOP IS BEAUTIFUL. You can see in distance the Statue of Liberty, skylines of New York, Brooklyn, and Verrazano Narrows Bridge. A great place to bring you breakfast, dinner, or to spend any time day or night.

STUCK IN THE ELEVATOR FOR 45 MINUTES. On my last day in New York May Monday, May 23, 2022, I was stuck in the Fairfield elevator for 45 minutes. I initiated a number of calls to the staff to find out how I was going to get out and who was coming to help. No one contacted me or updated me. I was panicked and tried to keep calm. The General Manger did not respond to my emails, but when I returned after 6:00 pm, Ian / Front Desk told me my seventh night would be credited to my statement and it was.

HOUSEKEEPING THREW OUT MY FOOD BAG. At the end of Monday, May 23 - also my last night, I returned to my room to find it cleaned. Housekeeping had thrown out my food bag. It was under my suitcase next between the desk and my tote bag. What if had been my souvenir bag?
Here is a photo. Photo provided. The blue circle is where my food bag was.

I had just been to Whole Foods and was going to have dinner on the roof. I had some of my dinner things in the food bag and what I would need for breakfast the next morning since I was leaving at 3:00AM. I told Ian rather than going back to Whole Foods I could use some things from the breakfast area. He pulled some apples and some bread but there was no peanut butter and some other things. He also gave me a bottle of water from your convenience store by the front desk. Trina said housekeeping was supposed to go out and buy what else I was missing. She went to them and came back and told me to go buy what I needed from the store down the street and give them the receipt. I just bought a small jar of peanut butter there and got reimbursed by Ian.

My last night in New York with an early departure the next morning, I was trying to keep things simple. I spent more than an hour working on this and around what happened before dinner.

7 NIGHT STAY WITH VIEW ISSUE & NO REFRIGERATOR. Staying for seven nights, I expected a better room view which I asked for when I checked in at 11:00 am, Tue, May 17, 2022 Fairfield Inn Brooklyn advertises great views. My Tuesday, May 17 Room 516 had a view of the construction site next to the parking lot. I asked Tian on Wednesday for a better room and he moved me to room 812 and I enjoyed a better view looking down 3rd Avenue and seeing the Verrazano bridge. However, this room did not have a refrigerator On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I asked a number of staff for a refrigerator and they told me they could not move one into my room. They kept telling me they did not have one. If I had had one, I could’ve put food in there and housekeeping would not have thrown it away .

I used an ice bucket to keep some things cold.

On Friday, May 20, I needed to refrigerate some pizza and other things. I had thought the front desk may have an employee refrigerator that I could share. Instead Trina told me to put my bag behind the ice cream in the front desk convenience store bottom shelf freezer. I used that freezer space Friday through Monday.

GETTING TOWELS & THINGS FOR ROOM. Getting towels, soap, shampoo, and plastic bags for garbage usually took multiple requests. People took down my Room number. What I asked for did not arrive. Going to the front desk and waiting for what I needed worked the best

BREAKFAST HAS VARYING AMOUNTS AND VARIETIES OF FOOD OPTIONS. PLAN AHEAD IF THEY HAVE WHAT YOU LIKE. HAVE A FOOD BAG - HIDE IT. (See above for details.)

FRIENDLY STAFF WHO CAN APOLOGIZE, BUT NOT PROBLEM SOLVE WELL. The Fairfield Inn Brooklyn staff is friendly and apologized often. I wish they were better problem solvers.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TomShorewood
Reviewed 26 May 2022

The hotel is relatively convenient for downtown Brooklyn, Park Slope etc but the immediate surroundings of the hotel are a bit grim and perhaps not safe for walking after dark. The view from my window was a derelict building. The room was okay but for a three star hotel, it felt basic and not well maintained (stained carpets, smears on the headboard of the bed, etc). The breakfast is so-so. Mostly I thought the hotel was misrepresented by reviews and over-priced for its level of quality. It seems to be entirely staffed by teenagers who didn't know what they were doing – they were perfectly nice but a bit incompetent. But it has one saving grace: the roof terrace has fantastic views, almost but not quite enough to make it worthwhile.

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Leynette Jones, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2022

Dear Moseby686,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I will share your message with the leadership team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Leynette Jones