“Rude staff”

Cross street: 6th & 7th Avenue
Transit: Trains - B,Q,R,F,G,2,3
Description: Neighborhood Is Park Slope
Reviewed 22 October 2017

In the past, I have loved this place for its relaxed atmosphere and decent food. However, tonight I happened to come with my family (including young children) on a night when the restaurant was hosting an event. Unfortunately, we were seating in a narrow passageway next to the bar and subject to a lot of traffic back and forth including highly intoxicated wedding-goers. I was tolerating it all until a huge, drunken crown congregated at the periphery of our table, cursing and even smoking. When I complained to the staff that it wasn't exactly the atmosphere we were used to, the retort was, "What do you want me to do about it?" Sadly I am going to have to cross this place off my list for family dinners.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We had a lovely meal here on a relatively quiet Tuesday night. The service was good, our waiter was slightly sarcastic fun in the NYC way that I totally appreciate!
The atmosphere is pretty homey, but I found the chairs a bit uncomfortable after awhile. A little cushioning on them and the benches would be nice.
Drinks were good, but there was apparently a $5 Happy Hour cocktail list that we weren't given when seated. The waiter discovered it after it was too late, so he comp'd my coffee in an attempt to make up for it. That was nice. Good wine list also and then Lemoncello after the meal on-the-house.
The meal was delicious. The Caprese Salad was fresh made with a good splash of balsamic. My pasta, Bucatini Carbonara, (that I choose to have vegetarian without the Guanciale) was delicious, served al dente with lots of yummy sauce. My cousin had the Pappardelli Fungi and I guess it was good since there wasn't a single bite left!
The portions are not huge for the price so this is definitely a slightly higher than average meal cost, but it was really good. Sadly, that also meant no leftovers to take home!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I had dinner at Scottadito Saturday night with my husband and 18 year old son. It was fabulous!!! Its a cozy, warm, neighborhood atmosphere and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming or nicer. And the food was fabulous! We had the capreses salad and the mussels (do not miss them) for appetizers, pastas for dinner, and then terrific desserts. Everything was really fresh and not too heavy. We were definitely full when we were finished (including the 18 year old who had just played a baseball doubleheader) but not that completely stuffed feeling that you sometimes get. All three of us absolutely loved it and would HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Good but not excellent. A nice neighborhood place, nothing fancy but consistently good food. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. I love going here even though the food could be more exciting, I still like my neighbor Italian!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We've been eating their fare for the past 4 years. Wonderful dinners, memorable brunches, great lunches. Service, like food quality, is consistently good. When we could not make it there, we'd have our favorites delivered.

Been to scottadito osteria toscana? Share your experiences!