“Not impress :-(”

Sky Ice
Ranked #2,396 of 5,532 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 3 December 2015

Family of 3, ordered 2 snacks, 3 noodles, and ice cream sampler, the bill came in about $80. We walked out unsatisfied with the foods. We didn't mind the small portion of the foods, but we really disappointed with the taste, the noodles a bit on the sweet side, the fish cake was a bit chewy. The foods were definitely lacking in comparison to the foods we had from other Thai restaurant. They do have fun ice cream flavors. We had 12 flavors sampler, but we only liked the caramel sea salt, didn't like the cucumber lime taste funny. Overall, the food didn't match up the price. We drove from NJ and very much want to like the place, but we don't think we would come back, will stick with the restaurant near by at home, less expensive and taste better.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

I went for lunch because it was around the corner from where I stayed in Brooklyn. I ordered the Thai veggies but the curry was out of this world good! The mushroom dumplings were nice, the service was fast. I liked the non-fussy paper plates. The ice cream flavors were very fun, I was looking forward to the avocado. Although, it had cayenne in it which didn't do anything for the ice cream except make my mouth tickle. It was a nice fast lunch. Get the curry for sure.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stopped in this little restaurant and ice cream place on a whim. Loved their Mango ice cream and sorbet -- both are worth a try! Also had some interesting other flavors. Did not try the food. $3.25 for a single scoop, +50 cents for a cone. A little on the pricey side.

1  Thank EvanMJC
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a truly authentic Northern Thai restaurant, with amazing fresh made ice cream. Want to try Durian without the stinky mess of the fruit? Try the ice cream instead! The food is great, mostly vegetarian, and made with fresh local ingredients. For the home chef, they sell a small selection of thai groceries to help you make your meal more authentic at home. The owners and staff are wonderful, friendly, and sweet people. A year round favorite!

1  Thank ChewiesDad
Reviewed 24 November 2012

My husband and I were craving Thai food and decided to try this place out. I am so glad we came here! We took a trip to Thailand over a year ago, and this is honestly the best thai food we have had since then. I got the Pad See Yue and he got Northern Thai Curry Noodle. So good and flavorful! His was very spicy, so if very spicy is too much for you ask them not to make it as hot. We also got ice cream- Caramel Sea Salt and I got the Black Sesame seaweed. Seriously both so good! The atmosphere is very chill, the workers were great and had huge smiles on their faces and we left with our bellies full. I'll definitely be coming back here and telling my friends about it, too!

2  Thank oldseptblues

Been to Sky Ice? Share your experiences!