“KFJ OMG!!!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 May 2017

We travelled from the UK to sample the fabled KFJ. It didn't let us down. Fantastic service and fantastic Beef sandwich

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Best roast beef sandwich around. Good food, good service and a great value for your food. A must when traveling in Brooklyn as it is an icon that can't be missed.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I do love my roast beef, and up until this point Mr.B's in the Adirondacks held my title for the best roast beef sandwich.. but I had no idea what amazing roast beef was until I had a "double dip", but we will get to that, let me start by telling you about the dining experience, When you walk in you are immediately transported to old world Brooklyn, A place where respect and community thrive, you are greated by a large man with a white overcoat, He escorts you to the table with a prideful stride, like your the mayor of New York and your about to order a $200.00 steak, this giant man does his job with honor and as you take your seat he begins to chat with you as if you been coming here everyday for the last 30 years, a regular from the neighborhood , as if we been long friends, I have never had such a cool dining experience for a $15.00 lunch.
When ordering your sandwich you have few options as to how much beef broth saturation you want, from having it on the side all the way to sloppy mess aka "The knife and fork job". I went with the "double dip" which was perfect for me, every bite had broth in it, the bread was nicely soaked just to the point where it still retained it's form and not mush. The roast beef is almost hard to describe, I never had such a light, delicate piece of meat, It is very thinly sliced and piled layer upon layer between the bread.. it almost disappears in your mouth before you can chew it, it just melts into flavor as it hits your tongue, I have never thought roast beef could be so good!! The fries were crispy and thick, and complemented the sandwich well, I saw other people ordering the beef broth as a soup, I was upset with myself for not ordering a bowl, a mistake I will not make on my next visit. Truly an amazing Brooklyn experience and can't wait until my next visit

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

To blend in here, ya gotta speak Brennan & Carr jargon so repeat these words to the server: "Cheese beef, rare, heavy dipped." Don't let the "rare" scare you, it's the redder roast beef that they'll choice-select for you and is definitely still cooked. What you've just ordered is the recommended roast beef with melted cheese on a bun that was grabbed with tongs and the whole lot plunged into their piping hot beef broth for a few seconds, leaving you a soggy, delicious and sloppy pile of goodness. Hit it up with some ketchup and you're golden. Also, get a mug or pitcher of their beer. Enjoy the nice frosty mug touch. I don't even like Budweiser, but whatever they do to theirs, if anything, has always wowed me. It's only an enjoyable beer for me when I have it there for some reason. Can't explain it. Also, enjoy a side of fries. Lots of people are fans of their burgers too. Trust me on my original order suggestion though for the special, local experience. Also if you haven't run into New York's Bravest, our firefighters, chances are you'll run into at least one here...ladies. Just don't fault me if they're not a Mr. November of sorts on the firefighter calendar.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

If you ask a Brooklynite about roast beef sandwiches, Brennan & Carr is one of two go-to places! Good food, good value, good service.