“A local favorite that makes you feel as if you're in Italy”
Review of Al Di La Trattoria

Al Di La Trattoria
Ranked #11 of 6,663 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is a true neighborhood gem. A place I've returned to over and over again and I'm always hoping it doesn't fall victim to New York City's awful habit of pushing out institutions. Al Di La is a rare place - the kind of restaurant perfect for a regular visit, a special occasion, or even a last minute solo dining experience. Although I've eaten a lot of what's on their menu, and many of their specials (both for dinner and brunch), it's nearly impossible for me to not order the Tagliatelle Al Ragu - seriously, the most perfect dish I've eaten in 25 years living in NYC. Which is why you should try to come with at least one other person so you can sample their meal. Decor is amazing - makes you feel as if you've stumbled into a local hangout in Tuscany. Love this place in case it's not obvious. Oh, and great wines and service, too.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank dmrtoast

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My wife and I had Saturday brunch in this very cozy corner spot last weekend. To our surprise, we were seated without a wait. Our server, Brianna, was quick and friendly throughout; we had menus, bread and our drinks in just a moment.

The menu is not very extensive, but good enough for both both of us to find something we enjoyed. I had the waffle with a generous amount of maple syrup. My wife's hash featured what she just told me were "big, delicious chunks" of pork belly that were quite different from the traditional chopped up hash presentation. She loved it.

One caveat for brunch. When we were eating, most of the other tables were families with young kids. We certainly had no problem with this; we have our own young grandchildren, and I suspect that when you're in Park Slope -- which is obviously very kid-centric -- little ones in restaurants are something that simply "comes with the territory." If a little noise and disorder are going to bother you on a weekend morning, this might not be the place for you. Otherwise, I certainly recommend it.

1  Thank ARA49
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Dinner here was a wonderful start to our weekend getaway to New York. The menu choices and the specials made deciding difficult, but sharing easy. The mussels were our least favorite, not bad, just we've had better elsewhere, but the pasta and the steak entrees were phenomenal. Even the side arugula and our additional vegetable did not disappoint. The wait was shorter than anticipated and stated, so attempting drinks nearby was not necessary. The service was excellent, and the ambiance was an ideal introduction to the neighborhood. We'll be back.

1  Thank JVA_JVA
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We went here for dinner after hearing good things. And we now agree. The restaurant is cozy but not congested. The service was friendly and unintrusive. And the food was the star. The vegetables in particular were outstanding. The swiss chard with some anchovy flavoring was great as was the mixed broiled mushrooms. We were pleased with the saltimbocca and the hangar steak as well. All five of us gave positive reviews. Better get a reservation as there were people waiting outside in the rain.

1  Thank Barry17149021
Reviewed 27 May 2018

If you like italian food , that`s a nice place to visit.
Familiar and nice restaurant.
Good portions.