“Arepas are a new favorite ”
Review of Caracas Arepa Bar

Caracas Arepa Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Caracas Arepa Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 5,841 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Caracas Arepa Bar is devoted to the pleasures of authentic Venezuelan flavors with a focus on "arepas" since 2003. Our Williamsburg location, offers a spacious, eclectic, casual and unique experience with a patio to dine 'al fresco', a rum bar with a large collection of sipping rums and perfectly crafted cocktails.
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

My first time trying arepas, a grilled white corn tortilla-like bread stuffed with various fillings, and I couldn't have been more pleased. The food quality and selection were amazing, the price is great, and the atmosphere was vibrant and matched the cuisine and drinks in theme and temperament. Highly recommended especially if you enjoy Central American cuisine but have not tried an arepa.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Third trip here for me, however my children are repeat customers. The food, laid back ambiance and attentive service has always been consistently great. It's not a large space, so bigger groups may have a long wait time. Our wait time on a Sunday at 3:45 was 5 minutes at the Brooklyn location. We choose to eat outdoors whenever possible or in their indoor/outdoor space which is airy and fresh feeling. The wait staff is friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed some great cocktails ... they have a good variety of rums and specialty drinks. Love, Love the Arepas ... interesting mix of veggies, cheeses, meats and spices. Don't get a lot of opportunities to eat Venezuelan dishes ... so this place is a real treasure.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We scouted Caracas Arepa Bar before our trip and knew we had to give it a try. Not disappointed at all. Hip little place with awesome food, drinks and appetizers. The food was so good, we left full and spent $48 with two cocktails, two appetizers and 2 entrees. The music was great, the place was packed (we didn't have to wait long) on a Friday night and we really enjoyed it. Definitely recommend. We will be back!

Reviewed 21 December 2016

My daughter thought I would like his place, and she was certainly right. I had one of the best soups ever: a mixture of seafood, corn, potatoes, avocado. YUM! We also ordered 2 arepas. One was with a delicious white cheese stuffing; the other was shredded beef and cheese. The service was super efficient and the wait staff was wonderful. The music was a bit too loud for my taste, but I love this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

One of the more interesting restaurants in the neighborhood. Always satisfying and affordable. I've had arepas all around the US (never south america though) and I have to say these are my favorite. Different than Colombian, but just as good!