“Excellent food and drink! ”
Review of The Northeast Kingdom - CLOSED

The Northeast Kingdom
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 January 2015 via mobile

Some friends who live in Brooklyn took us here for dinner. It was awesome. Good food! Good drinks! And the atmosphere was nice too. I'd say the price was reasonable as well.

I recommend the Burger and the Milk Stout if they still have it.

Reviewed 31 December 2014

Fine, but not exceptional. I'm not such a farm-to-table acolyte that I'm willing to put up with lackluster service. Also, if you're offering a farro as an entree side, you should be willing to sub it out without extra charge. It's like punishing people with gluten issues.

Reviewed 25 December 2014

Northeast Kingdom is truly one of our favorite restaurants. They are a true farm to table place, one that cares about serving meat that is humanly sourced, raised, and slaughtered. We eat there for both brunch and dinner and while we sometimes wish for a few more 'casual' dishes at dinner, overall it's hard to go wrong here.

Reviewed 20 November 2014

Another great place to eat in NYC - forget all the super expensive places where those who think they know it all hang out, it's place like Northeast Kingdom (and Diner) you should be going.

Brilliant food in a lovely atmosphere, served by great staff. The menu is fantastic, and for the US, the portions are sensibly sized! I think there are some reviews on here complaining about small portions, but they're not small at all, they're normal sized for normal people, not giants who are used to gorging themselves until they can barely stand up.

They also play great music, the lighting is right (quite dark but that's a good thing), the layout is good and the ambience inside is happy, friendly and welcoming and the price is exactly right.

Eat here. Just eat here.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I have one huge rule for dining out. That rule is.,, To have a great dining experience the food must ALWAYS taste BETTER than the restaurant looks. This is not a slam on their look but a praise of just how epically awesome their food is here.
Whenever I have guests, this place is a must. All of my guests immediately fall in love with everything about it. But mainly it's the food. The food is everything here. I'd happily sit on the floor just to eat their breakfast burger. The dinner burger is just as epic.
The wait staff are the most hospitable staff in the city. I adore them all.
Some nights the wait can be up to 45 minutes but the foods always worth it and we just go downstairs and drink until we're called.
I'm addicted to this place. It's simply some of the best comfort food in the city. Actually, it's THE best!

1  Thank KerryChadA