All reviews free breakfast french toast attached restaurant great owners new owners would stay here again bed towels tile downtown tv
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

The new owners are trying to fix an old hotel. Our room had new tile on the floor and new furniture. But the air conditioner was worn out. Instead our room had a window fan. It was 84 degrees when we arrived. But you know the temp cooled and with the fresh air we got a great nights sleep. The room was tiny and the bathroom was hardly more than a closet. The included breakfast at the attached restaurant was excellent. So, we had extremes. 1s to 5s and back again. So I rated this hotel a 3.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I'm here in Silver City for a multi-day bike race and lodging is always scarce. The Drifter listed several new updates and I thought I'd give it a shot. Really happy with the place. No doubt a super simple-no frills place but the staff (owners I believe) have been spot on.
While the property is a bit dated and could us Outside sprucing up my room is super clean, feels fresh and a super comfortable bed.
And- the location is ideal!
Right of the main road and just a few blocks from down town.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MMurri
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on a recent road trip. The room was clean and comfortable. Everything worked just fine and there were nice soaps etc. They even had a toothbrush and toothpaste. Wi fi was easy and fast. Did I mention the fact that breakfast is included. Yes, and a very good one. Nice friendly people too. Would definitely recommend. Reasonable rates a big plus. Only thing missing was the ice bucket.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

The owners have done a great job of renovating this old motor hotel. We had a large corner room with nice fluffy towels, new pillows, new carpet, new mattress. It was quiet and comfortable. Much better than the chain hotel down the street that was twice as much per night. The best part is the free breakfast at the motel restaurant. Excellent breakfast burritos, good red chile, good service. I would go again!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellenint
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

First and foremost, we ask if our dog Sam Elliott is allowed. There is usually a fee; the Drifter only charges $10, very fair in our opinion. Our room had a newly tiled floor to make it "pet-friendly" and Sam was happy on his dog bed next to us. Room was simple (i.e. bare bones) but clean, with good towels, plenty of hot water, and the usual necessities. Super friendly owners would have us coming back. All this for $55 plus dog fee.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple