“Terrible Experience ”

Rodeway Inn Silver City
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We booked a couple of nights here on hotels.com for a little getaway. It was reviewed as middle of the road, nothing fancy, but clean & accommodating. Therefore, I thought, it should be alright for what we were looking for.
As soon as we walked into the lobby I could tell it was going to be a bad experience. The front lobby is old & dilapidated, cold & bare. Once we went to our room the floor hadn't been vacuumed, there was debris & a sunflower seed on the floor. I called the front and they gave us another room. The new room had no remote for the TV, one towel, literally, no ironing board etc... the list goes on. Once I called and requested the missing items, they were eventually brought to us. However, the next day we slept in and just put our trash together & our towels and I went to the front desk to ask for a couple of clean towels, trash liners & a bar of soap. The male manager was VERY RUDE & stated "You had your do not disturb sign up and to us that means you don't need anything and our cleaning person is gone for the day"!!! I was taken aback!!! I wasn't asking for our room to be cleaned, all I wanted was to get a few things to replace what we had used and I kindly took my dirty towels all tied up & our trash for them to dispose of! This is NO WAY to run a business. The place is literally bare bones, have to ask for any amenities that are advertised on their website as being readily available! They charge as much as an average to upper hotel in Silver City and DEFINITELY don't deserve it nor try and make up for it in what lacks aesthetically!!! I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN & DO NOT RECOMMEND IT !!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clnajarrn

Reviewed 15 April 2017

clean quiet place at a reasonable price, not a place with a ton of amenities though.
used to be a rodeway inn, but has recently changed to gila mountain inn, no signage so a little difficult to find driveway entrance, but owner says that will change soon!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Located just to the east of central SIlver City just off of Hwy 180. Easy to find, easy to get to/from.The building is an older style with room access from outside. Plenty of guest parking near the rooms, Still, the place has been renovated at least a couple of times during it's life and is still in good nick. It is obvious that this hotel once saw better days, There is (was) a swimming pool that has been filled-in and turned into a basketball court. (strange to see!) Also, a covered walkway to the building next door that is currently being used by an engineering company. Obviously this had once been part of the hotel. Regardless, my two nights here were comfortable. Breakfast was coffee, juice, cereal, pastries and hot waffles. Adequate in my book. When I booked my reservation this hotel was least expensive of the chain hotels in town. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel has two levels. If you cannot use stairs then ask for a ground floor room. Upstairs rooms are...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We spent two nights here so we could drive out to the Gila Cliff dwellings. I have never met a more friendly and helpful family that runs the hotel. They were incredibly nice and recommended great places to eat, other sites to see, etc. The hotel was immaculately kept and clean. Would totally recommend anyone stop in and see "Sam" and his family.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I chose to stay here on my current travel nurse assignment. Sam and Sonya(the owners) were awesome. Very accommodating to my needs. When I checked in, the room was very clean. Everything worked great! They have laundry facilities on site with the hottest dryers I've ever used. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Give them a try. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business