All reviewsin townthird floorcinnamon bunsearlier startbiscuits gravyrewards clubwear and tearbreakfast staffquiet locationthe main highwayyogurtpleasant staywe loved our staynight staywe've stayedice machinesmall refrigerator
Reviewed 27 September 2017

This was a great Hotel, great location, beautiful interior...unique lobby with a winding staircase! Pool and area to socialize were very nice. Rooms clean. However, I have 3 complaints that I believe fall on the shoulders of management.
1. Room: There was an odd number of pillows on the bed (4 on one 3 on the other) & only 1 hand towel, 1 wash cloth, 2 towels! I am afraid they'll think I took these items!
2. Breakfast area: the breakfast items were not kept "full", coffee decanters empty, hot water empty, other foods were totally empty before refilling. When asked, the worker just told guests to come into the Kitchen & help themselves! I'm pretty sure that is a health NO-NO! As well as her baby on her hip as she worked one handed in kitchen and dining area. Also, other teen children & friends were lounging in the kitchen & eating! I was extremely nervous about health standards there during my 2 night stay! ☹️
3. MAID: The maid knocked on my door at 8:15am on the day of checkout even though checkout is 11am and I had the DO NOT DISURB hanger on the door!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms near outside door accessing the pool area are WAY too noisy....talking & slamming doors.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank momahuck
HIESilverCity, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for the input and review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were happy with the hotel in general. I am very concerned with the issues you have bought to our attention. 1) the towels in the room should have been provided differently. That is error on our part of checking rooms after a housekeeper has completed the room. There should be 3 of each towel. We of course would never harsh you for missing towels as that has happened in the past but is also to be expected in this industry. 2) is a great concern of ours. We have always been supportive of our single parents and the fact that in this small town child care is an issue especially for the school hours of 8:30 AM . We have discussed this issue with the staff and made them aware of the concerns it presents and this will be rectified in the future. 3) Is definitely not acceptable. The housekeepers will knock on the doors of all guest in the morning whether checking out or staying over as we have the rapid check out option and guest do not have to inform the guest of when they have left. However if there is a do not disturb on the door there should be no knocking. We have discussed this issue with our housekeeping staff.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We were looking for a small town away from home just for a short weekend visit. We stumbled upon Silver City and this was the only IHG hotel in the area. Booking was a breeze (as per usual) but I did not know what to expect from the area. I must say that when we come back we will DEFINITELY be staying here again. The rooms were your standard Holiday Inn Express, but this hotel didn't miss a beat! Staff was friendly upon arrival, hotel was clean, and I enjoyed the little spiral staircase to get to our second floor room. We had a spacious room that was clean and well put together. There was some smudges on the walls, but I wasn't too worried about it. We slept great, and breakfast was very fresh. We enjoyed our visit very much, and will return!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tori M
HIESilverCity, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to meet your lodging needs! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed Silver City and we hope you come back and visit our wonderful town again.
Cheers!
Brent

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Spent one night at this location. The staff quickly checked me in. Although the rooms are standard Holiday Inn rooms, they were clean and provided enough space so that I didn't feel crowded. The staff met good standards for service.

Although slightly located before the main part of the city, a Wendy's is well within walking distance; less than 200 yards.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
HIESilverCity, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thanks for choosing to stay with us for the night. We appreciate the kind words about the staff and cleanliness. We'll pass on the feedback to the entire staff.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

My colleague was a little miffed that the "best" option in Silver City was a Holiday Inn Express, but I think even she was sold. Great staff--friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Refrigerator in the room and an ice machine on the first floor. The pool looked nice though we didn't have time to go in. Best part was breakfast! The coffee was good and plenty of it. The hot breakfast was excellent both mornings--biscuits, gravy, a couple of meat choices, scrambled eggs. There was a pancake maker and hot, fresh cinnamon rolls. Four choices of dry cereal and several kinds of packaged oatmeal. Plus all the usual bread and bagel options. And Chobani yogurt! Yum! Internet access was a breeze--connected in seconds with code provided when I checked, and stayed connected the entire visit. Lots of eateries nearby, including a decent hamburger within walking distance. The downtown area of Silver City has several excellent eateries, and we were fortunate to be introduced to some by a "local" from Silver City. Glad we came, sorry we weren't able to stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
HIESilverCity, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thanks for giving us a shot. I am excited to hear you enjoyed your not not just with us, but in our wonderful town. Hope you have the time to come back again!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We were in town for a college graduation. Unfortunately, our plane was delayed and we missed our first night reservation. Holiday Inn was very understanding and cancelled Thursday night at no charge. When we arrived Friday morning our room was accidently cancelled for the whole stay however they made up for it but finding us a room and then crediting our stay as we are part of the Holiday Rewards Club. They were very gracious and provided excellent care. The manager and front desk was more than helpful and apologetic-which it was just a mistake. Rooms were very comfortable, breakfast fully stocked (it was a packed hotel) and all employees always had a smile! We appreciate how you went the extra mile to make our stay the best! Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
HIESilverCity, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Thank you for your understanding and for being so patient as our staff looked for ways to make sure you were accommodated. Even though your trip was shorter, we do hope you were able to enjoy the graduation and see some of the sights in Silver City! Thanks for the kind words.

-Brent