All reviews in town cinnamon buns earlier start room was clean quiet location pleasant stay off the highway we've stayed night stay first floor the historic downtown area short drive nice breakfast gila national forest hie brent walmart
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We chose to stay here while attending a concert in Pinos Altos. This appeared to be the best choice in this small, historic location, and it was. Holiday Inn maintains high standards here and offers the traveler a great location, comfortable clean rooms, and a beautiful setting. Happy trails.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HIESilverCity, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for the positive feedback! Hope you had a great time at the concert!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

The Silver City Holiday Inn Express is very quiet off the main road. We had a dog friendly room on the first floor, and our dog gave his "paw of approval"..he felt very comfortable there walking around the hotel. The room was very nice, clean and we liked the layout. And the breakfast was the typical but very good Holiday Inn Express type with the wonderful cinnamon buns, an egg dish, sausage, etc. The only noise we heard was in the morning when people were leaving the hotel to take their bags out and kept slamming the outside door which was next to our room.

Room tip: We were on the first floor in the back which was good for our dog
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HIESilverCity, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

We are excited to hear you and your dog enjoyed your stay! Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your trip.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This hotel exceeded our expectations with customer service and a good breakfast! We like Holiday Inns and always look for them, but this one only had one room left when we arrived, yet they went out of their way to accommodate us!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
HIESilverCity, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

We are often sold out during the week, so I'm glad we were able to squeeze you in! Thanks for noticing our staff and breakfast. Hope you had a good time in Silver City!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

This was a great Hotel, great location, beautiful interior...unique lobby with a winding staircase! Pool and area to socialize were very nice. Rooms clean. However, I have 3 complaints that I believe fall on the shoulders of management.
1. Room: There was an odd number of pillows on the bed (4 on one 3 on the other) & only 1 hand towel, 1 wash cloth, 2 towels! I am afraid they'll think I took these items!
2. Breakfast area: the breakfast items were not kept "full", coffee decanters empty, hot water empty, other foods were totally empty before refilling. When asked, the worker just told guests to come into the Kitchen & help themselves! I'm pretty sure that is a health NO-NO! As well as her baby on her hip as she worked one handed in kitchen and dining area. Also, other teen children & friends were lounging in the kitchen & eating! I was extremely nervous about health standards there during my 2 night stay! ☹️
3. MAID: The maid knocked on my door at 8:15am on the day of checkout even though checkout is 11am and I had the DO NOT DISURB hanger on the door!

Room tip: 1st floor rooms near outside door accessing the pool area are WAY too noisy....talking & slamming doors.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank momahuck
HIESilverCity, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for the input and review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were happy with the hotel in general. I am very concerned with the issues you have bought to our attention. 1) the towels in the room should have been provided differently. That is error on our part of checking rooms after a housekeeper has completed the room. There should be 3 of each towel. We of course would never harsh you for missing towels as that has happened in the past but is also to be expected in this industry. 2) is a great concern of ours. We have always been supportive of our single parents and the fact that in this small town child care is an issue especially for the school hours of 8:30 AM . We have discussed this issue with the staff and made them aware of the concerns it presents and this will be rectified in the future. 3) Is definitely not acceptable. The housekeepers will knock on the doors of all guest in the morning whether checking out or staying over as we have the rapid check out option and guest do not have to inform the guest of when they have left. However if there is a do not disturb on the door there should be no knocking. We have discussed this issue with our housekeeping staff.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We were looking for a small town away from home just for a short weekend visit. We stumbled upon Silver City and this was the only IHG hotel in the area. Booking was a breeze (as per usual) but I did not know what to expect from the area. I must say that when we come back we will DEFINITELY be staying here again. The rooms were your standard Holiday Inn Express, but this hotel didn't miss a beat! Staff was friendly upon arrival, hotel was clean, and I enjoyed the little spiral staircase to get to our second floor room. We had a spacious room that was clean and well put together. There was some smudges on the walls, but I wasn't too worried about it. We slept great, and breakfast was very fresh. We enjoyed our visit very much, and will return!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tori M
HIESilverCity, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to meet your lodging needs! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed Silver City and we hope you come back and visit our wonderful town again.
Cheers!