“Red Gem”

Antelope Slot Canyon Tours
Ranked #9 of 45 Outdoor Activities in Page
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I traveled the last week of July 2017. We mistakenly arrived one hour too early. But upon arrival we saw a wonderful Native American dancing performance. Then we set off to Antelope Canyon on the back of a truck. The ride was a bit rough but the view was enjoyable. Upon arriving to the entrance of the Upper Antelope Canyon, our driver Nate was very calm and he was very knowledge and informative. He explained the process of the canyons, shadows, angles for photographs, and took pictures of the guests. He enforced rules inside and outside the canyon. I wish the other traveling groups would also respect the rules. My family and the group remained together at all times. We were a bit rushed but nonetheless we had many photo opportunities. The initial walking into the Canyon is for viewing and taking pictures, but the returning back to the canyon to reach the parking lot we were asked to rush out as to make room for the incoming groups.

The only problem was that there are too many people from different travel groups coming in and out at the same time. All groups work differently and I would hope that all groups can work in one way. Several times our tour guide had to reprimand another group to follow their tour guide as to not stay behind.

I wish they can stagger the visits to allow ample time to allow visitors to fully enjoy this magnificent place, even if they were to charge a little bit more $ money.

In spite of the traffic, I would return in a heartbeat. This place is absolutely beautiful and it was so cool inside the canyon. The smell of the rock reminded of fresh rain.

Props to our driver and tour guide!

1  Thank preciadogeli

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I heard many good things about Antelope Canyon and therefore I wanted to visit it for many years.
Unfortunately, we took the tour with Antelope Slot Canyon Tours which was a bad experience and as a result we did not enjoy the place at all.

The driver/guide was unfriendly and did not seem to be knowledgeable at all. He hurried us all of the time even that the canyon was very busy with people ahead of us. When we told him to wait, he replied that he has to return us on time and take the next group or else his boss will fire him.
Seems that the people there are too greedy and want to get as much money from the tourists that they do not really care if the visitors enjoy the visit or not.
Hopefully people will avoid visiting and as a result they may improve their attitude. Till then, it's a waste of your money and time.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 10am for our tour at 1030. We checked in, saw hoop dancers and were proceed to go in a truck to the canyon(the trucks provide seatbelts-so your safe) we then are shuttled to the cAnyon sites. You see first hand why the trucks are necessary, the terrain is a dirt road that is bumpy. You are driven straight to the beginning of the canyon. We were fortunate enough that we had Nate. Nice man, he told us in the first 2 min what settings our cameras should be on so we get the best results(and helped those of us who needed it).

Proceed thru the tour and he tells/points out to you great shots, how everything about the canyon and history. He showed us amazing photo opportunities I personally would have never seen! Honestly half the photos I took were garbage and he showed us how to capture great photos!

The canyon it self is crowded, but what do you expect for a natural beauty like that?! There were opportunities to have solo shots in there and they came out stunning.

I'm sure we could of drove to the canyon itself if we
a. Had 4 wheel drive
b. The ability to see the beauty of everything.

The price is steep but honestly I'm thankful that it's something the tribe allows us to see. Gratuity is accepted of course after the tour, but honestly I didn't mind it for the photos alone.

1  Thank kaniela2
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Antelope Canyon has been on our must-see list for years and we finally made it. I wish we hadn’t waited so long – it is everything we hoped for and so much more. It is on the Navaho Reservation and guided tours are required. There are several tours and we picked Antelope Slot Canyon Tours simply at random. We could not have made a better choice. Our guide was absolutely fabulous, he provided photo tips for everyone on the tours and help everyone set their own cameras. Once inside the slot canyon, he gave great photo tips, took family photos of each group with your own cameras, and pointed out many interesting features that you would never notice on your own. At the end of the tour, he even gave a brief history of the Navaho and the spiritual significates of the canyon to the native peoples. I should also mention, that while you are waiting for the tour to begin, the group is entertained by Navaho Hop Dancers. It is absolutely amazing. We had several teenagers with us and they were literally enthralled. It was one the absolutely highlights of our trip. Note – bring water, what every you think you may need – double it!

2  Thank Todd787
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Our tour was amazing! It's hard to believe when you first walk in to the canyon that you will get the images that you get... the photos are spectacular! It's actually in the photos that you see all the beauty and hidden images within the canyon! I would most definitely go back again! I don't think there's a bad time of day to go, but as we were leaving there were amazing beams of light coming down that I think we missed some of that... we went at 10:30 and this was about 12:00 that the beams began to show on that particular day! Breathtaking!!!

Been to Antelope Slot Canyon Tours? Share your experiences!