“Has to be the Chief Tsosie Tours”

Antelope Slot Canyon Tours
Ranked #9 of 45 Outdoor Activities in Page
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We had a great time on this tour - and there are many companies offering them. We got Leonard, a Navajo, and he does a splendid job of narrating and then playing a flute at the end of the tour. Beware that many of the tour operators just push people in and out, and take your money. This tour is the better one, but see if you can get on Leonard's tour. The day we went was a Monday morning, 8:30am and they had five trucks taking people - so this can be a crowded tour.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

As far as I can tell, this particular slot canyon has the easiest access. While it is beautiful, it is filled with tourists. If you are physically able to enter a canyon that requires some challenge to enter, I would recommend that route. If you are determined to come here, expect to be surrounded.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We loved our 630am tour! Yes, it was early to get up, but there was hardly anyone else in the Canyon. Nate was very knowledgeable and cleary much more experienced than our younger tour guide for the lower Canyon through a different company. He helped us get the BEST pictures and really took his time!

1  Thank project33marketing
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I traveled the last week of July 2017. We mistakenly arrived one hour too early. But upon arrival we saw a wonderful Native American dancing performance. Then we set off to Antelope Canyon on the back of a truck. The ride was a bit rough but the view was enjoyable. Upon arriving to the entrance of the Upper Antelope Canyon, our driver Nate was very calm and he was very knowledge and informative. He explained the process of the canyons, shadows, angles for photographs, and took pictures of the guests. He enforced rules inside and outside the canyon. I wish the other traveling groups would also respect the rules. My family and the group remained together at all times. We were a bit rushed but nonetheless we had many photo opportunities. The initial walking into the Canyon is for viewing and taking pictures, but the returning back to the canyon to reach the parking lot we were asked to rush out as to make room for the incoming groups.

The only problem was that there are too many people from different travel groups coming in and out at the same time. All groups work differently and I would hope that all groups can work in one way. Several times our tour guide had to reprimand another group to follow their tour guide as to not stay behind.

I wish they can stagger the visits to allow ample time to allow visitors to fully enjoy this magnificent place, even if they were to charge a little bit more $ money.

In spite of the traffic, I would return in a heartbeat. This place is absolutely beautiful and it was so cool inside the canyon. The smell of the rock reminded of fresh rain.

Props to our driver and tour guide!

1  Thank preciadogeli
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I heard many good things about Antelope Canyon and therefore I wanted to visit it for many years.
Unfortunately, we took the tour with Antelope Slot Canyon Tours which was a bad experience and as a result we did not enjoy the place at all.

The driver/guide was unfriendly and did not seem to be knowledgeable at all. He hurried us all of the time even that the canyon was very busy with people ahead of us. When we told him to wait, he replied that he has to return us on time and take the next group or else his boss will fire him.
Seems that the people there are too greedy and want to get as much money from the tourists that they do not really care if the visitors enjoy the visit or not.
Hopefully people will avoid visiting and as a result they may improve their attitude. Till then, it's a waste of your money and time.

Been to Antelope Slot Canyon Tours? Share your experiences!